    SubjectRe: [linux-lvm] Re: [repost] Announce: Linux-OpenLVM mailing list
    On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Andreas Dilger wrote:

    > I don't think that the subscription is necessarily the only
    > issue. I'm subscribed to all of the LVM mailing lists, and
    > still a lot of what I submit (legitimate bug fixes, and not just
    > features/code cleanup) does not get added to CVS. Yes, the
    > no-possible-harm patches like man pages went in, but not other
    > stuff. Also, it doesn't appear that any of the LVM changes are
    > making it into the stock kernel, which is basically a recepie
    > for disaster.

    This is indeed an even bigger problem. LVM is no longer just
    a Sistina product, it is an integrated part of the Linux kernel.

    This brings with it the responsability of maintaining the LVM
    subsystem which is included in the kernel. I understand that
    Sistina may want to do "LVM releases" every once in a while,
    but this isn't a development model that makes much sense when
    their code has been integrated into the Linux kernel (IMHO).

    > The openlvm list may change my mind, I'll see.

    If you think any other openly accessible LVM development things
    are needed (maybe a CVS tree which can be used by all LVM
    developers and not just the Sistina folks?) .. NL.linux.org is
    all yours.

    regards,

    Rik
    --
    Linux MM bugzilla: http://linux-mm.org/bugzilla.shtml

    http://www.surriel.com/
    http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:2.739 / U:0.080 seconds]