    SubjectRe: [linux-lvm] Re: [repost] Announce: Linux-OpenLVM mailing list
    AJ Lewis wrote:
    > Ok, the issue here is that we're trying to get a release out and so anything
    > that majorly changes the code is getting shunted aside for the moment. It
    > would be stupid to just add everything that comes in on the ML without
    > review. Linus does the exact same thing. I've said this before to you
    > Andreas, but apparently you feel that you should have final say on whether
    > your patches go in or not.

    > As far as getting patches into the stock kernel, we've been sending patches
    > to Linus for over a month now, and none of them have made it in. Maybe
    > someone has some pointers on how we get our code past his filters.

    Read Documentation/SubmittingPatches, and also listen to kernel hackers
    who know the block layer and want to fix lvm.

    And I wonder, if kernel hackers are saying lvm is broken... why do you
    want to freeze it and ship it in that state?

    --
    Jeff Garzik | "The universe is like a safe to which there is a
    Building 1024 | combination -- but the combination is locked up