    SubjectRe: Kernel 2.5 Workshop RealVideo streams -- next time, please get better audio.
    > Being an outsider, I'm still trying to find out WTF happened
    > on friday evening when NUMA was discussed. I can't find any
    > video, audio, or even technical notes. This sucks; I'm writing
    > support for NUMA hardware (it's not cache coherent) right now
    > and I don't have any idea where things will be going.

    Something like

    View 1: (The SGI view)
    NUMA should be implemented as a single kernel on a numa system. Andrea
    has done some work on this (see his patches), as have SGI.

    View 2: (The McVoy view)
    NUMA is best viewed as another misguided attempt to do DSM and we
    should run a kernel on each DSM node and do page cache borrows between nodes.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.043 / U:95.396 seconds]