    Subjectnumbers?

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Fabio Riccardi wrote:

    > I'm building an alternative web server that is entirely in _user
    > space_ and that achieves the same level of performance as TUX.
    > Presently I can match TUX performance within 10-20%, and I still have
    > quite a few improvements in my pocket.

    very interesting statement, which appears to be contradicted by numbers on
    your website. Your website says you get a 1375 SPECweb99 connections
    result on a dual 1 GHz, 4 GB, PIII system:

    http://www.chromium.com/cr_hp.html

    the best TUX 2.0 result published so far, on a very similar system (same
    CPU speed, same amount of RAM, same number and type of network cards) is
    3222 connections:

    http://www.spec.org/osg/web99/results/res2001q2/web99-20010319-00100.html

    the difference between 1375 and 3222 is quite substantial, TUX is 134%
    faster (2.3 times the performance of your server). I'm sure a userspace
    webserver can get quite close to TUX in simple static benchmarks (in fact
    phttpd should be very close), but SPECweb99 is far from simple. When
    saying you are 10-20% close to TUX, did you refer to SPECweb99 results?

    Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.020 / U:1.004 seconds]