    SubjectRe: Possible problem with zero-copy TCP and sendfile()
    > 	The long story: My server is Athlon 850 on ASUS A7V, 256M RAM.
    > Seven IDE discs, one SCSI disc. The controllers and NIC are as follows
    > (output of lspci):

    See the VIA chipset report on about corruption problems
    with VIA chipsets. The cases seen on Linux included short and also sometimes
    stale/corrupted DMA transfers.

    Nothing in your report says it is or isnt going to be a VIA chipset problem
    but once a fixed BIOS is out for your board that would be a good first step.
    If it still does it then, its worth digging for kernel naughties

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.046 / U:0.036 seconds]