SubjectRe: usb-uhci.c problems in latest kernels?
On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 11:29:09PM -0400, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> > I'm not sure of that. Sometimes keys get "stuck" in the down position
> > with my USB keyboard (mechanical switches, so the keys themselves are not
> > sticking) and usually when that happens I can find a line like the one
> > quoted above in the logs. [...]
>
> The printout is a valuable diagnostic tool for hacking but
> is useless for a user (actually dangerous, as it brings computers
> down with /var overflow). The best option would be to have
> it configurable with a module parameter.

That sounds like a good idea actually, under kernel hacking perhaps? It
seems to me that the messages do indicate some kind of non-fatal problem
(that may not be true?) but I agree it is murderous to /var on a small
system. Given that I now consider a small system one with a /var of under
300 megs, well.. =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> Free software developer

Techical solutions are not a matter of voting. Two legislations in the US
states almost decided that the value of Pi be 3.14, exactly. Popular vote
does not make for a correct solution.
-- Manoj Srivastava

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.080 / U:0.132 seconds]