SubjectRe: Let init know user wants to shutdown

Hi!

> > Init should get to know that user pressed power button (so it can do
> > shutdown and poweroff). Plus, it is nice to let user know that we can
> > read such event. [I hunted bug for few hours, thinking that kernel
> > does not get the event at all].
> >
> > Here's patch to do that. Please apply,
> > Pavel
>
> Isn't it better to just send the event to userspace , where
> is it caught by apmd ( or whatever has replaced it ).
> Then it can decide what to do about it, instead of dictating
> a shutdown from kernel ( policy alert ;-) )

I'm not dictating policy: init is free to do anything it is configured
to, including /sbin/apmd --button_came or echo "Don't you dare to
plpress that button again".

--
The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+