    SubjectRe: Let init know user wants to shutdown

    > > Init should get to know that user pressed power button (so it can do
    > > shutdown and poweroff). Plus, it is nice to let user know that we can
    > > read such event. [I hunted bug for few hours, thinking that kernel
    > > does not get the event at all].
    > >
    > > Here's patch to do that. Please apply,
    > > Pavel
    > Isn't it better to just send the event to userspace , where
    > is it caught by apmd ( or whatever has replaced it ).
    > Then it can decide what to do about it, instead of dictating
    > a shutdown from kernel ( policy alert ;-) )

    I'm not dictating policy: init is free to do anything it is configured
    to, including /sbin/apmd --button_came or echo "Don't you dare to
    plpress that button again".

    The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
    GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.021 / U:8.828 seconds]