    SubjectRe: MO-Drive under 2.4.3
    > > This is a bug in the scsi layer. linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org, not that any
    > > of the scsi maintainers seem to care about it right now.
    >
    > Does this mean I can forget about using kernel 2.4.x? :-(( Can you give me a
    > hint where to look. Maybe I can fix it myself.

    The FAT layer asks for a 512 byte block, the scsi layer in 2.2 would then
    reblock the data to handle this internally. In 2.4 the scsi layer errors this
    then all the error handling gets tangled up (and doesnt work) and the machine
    oopses.

    So you either need to teach lots of file systems about handling blocks that
    are smaller than the physical layer, or the block layer to do reblocking in
    some cases (at an obvious performance hit).

    And someone needs to fix the error handling so it errors rather than exploding

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:119.488 seconds]