SubjectRe: 2.4.3-ac3 XIRCOM_CB only working as module
I have built this as a module due to the RedHat system I use (to be
consistent). I found that the xircom_cb driver works fine as a module
except for when using dhcp for dynamic ip address. If I set the ip address
of the network card to a static ip number it work fine. Yet if I choose to
use the dhcp to get my ip address packets leave, as seen via tcpdump, but
it doesn't get an address. I watched tcpdump at the dhcp server and saw
the packets come in from the laptop and the responses go out. The laptop
either is ignoring the message coming from the dhcp server or some other
bizarre reason.

I cannot say if I noticed anything about the yenta_socket driver. If I
could get dhcp to work fine I would be willing to give it a go.

Stephen
s.torri@lancaster.ac.uk