SubjectRe: PCMCIA problems on IBM ThinkPad 600X
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Constantine Gavrilov wrote:
> There are problems with some PCMCIA drivers included in the kernel. For
> example, support for cardbus 3com cards was moved to 3c59x.o driver. It
> works (on 600X at least) only of you compile it in. It will not work as
> a module.

It works just fine as a module. What problems are you seeing?

> I think a much better solution right now is to use drivers from
> pcmcia-cs package. It always works. If you do not configure any support
> for pcmcia in your kernel, when you build pcmcia-cs it will build kernel
> drivers from its own source tree. Just make sure you use the latest
> version. This also allows configuration files interoperbility with 2.2.x
> kernel, if you wish to use that as well.

pcmcia-cs does not always work, and it puts your nice 32-bit hardware
into 16-bit compatibility mode AFAIK.

If you have 2.4 bugs, please report them instead of spewing B.S.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.049 / U:0.072 seconds]