    SubjectRe: New directions for kernel development
    On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > Recently, I've been thinking a lot about where Linux development should
    > head now that 2.4 is out. Specifically, I've been thinking about how we
    > ought to make some cultural changes as well as technical changes. Now I'm
    > not *entirely* sure what directions we should head in as we move towards
    > 3.0, but I'd like to point out a few areas that need to be addressed as well
    > as propose some possible solutions. Nothing is set in stone yet, but these
    > are definitely issues we need to work on.

    I see you've made no mention of the $17,000,000,000.00 check that you've
    gotten from MicroSoft, in order to 'further develop' the Linux kernel?

    <check the date, dudes>

    -- John E. Jasen (
    -- In theory, theory and practise are the same. In practise, they aren't.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.020 / U:22.120 seconds]