SubjectRe: Microsoft begining to open source Windows 2000?
Graham Murray wrote:
> Does making a patch necessarily require modifying the source code?
> Back in my days as a mainframe systems programmer (ICL VME/B), most OS
> patches were made to the binary image, either in the file or to the
> loaded virtual memory image.

Hmm. I guess you have something there. I come from a Mac background and
some patches I've seen to 'hack' a feature into one of Apple's drivers
has been one that modifies the resource fork of the driver file. The
person who made this mod of course didn't have access to the source
code.

Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/
batmanppc@themes.org