    SubjectRe: IDE bug in 2.4.2-ac12?
    On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:01:15AM +0100, konrad_lkml@gmx.de wrote:

    > Do you mean the Power Supply Unit? Or the Program Storage Unit? ;-)

    Power Supply Unit, yes.

    > To answer to your questions:
    > - I haven't tried to remove the CD-ROM because both devices shall work
    > together
    > - the ZIP doesn't cause problems when just the power cable is connected
    >
    > Although my PC has only got an old Baby AT 200W power supply I don't think
    > that's the point.

    I don't see any other way how the ZIP could have impact on the IDE HDD
    on a different IDE interface.

    If you wonder why /proc/ide/via reports slower DMA rates for the HDD
    when the ZIP is connected is because the auto slowdown code kicks in and
    lowers the transfer rate when too many CRC errors happen.

    --
    Vojtech Pavlik
    SuSE Labs