    SubjectRe: Annoying CD-rom driver error messages
    God wrote:
    > > > ---
    > > > Must be more than one stupid app...
    > >
    > > Could well be. You have something continually trying to open your cdrom and
    > > see if there is media in it
    > Gnome / KDE? does exactly that... (rather annoying too) .. what app
    > specificaly I don't know...
    So I'm still wondering what the "approved and recommended" way for a program
    to be "automatically" informed of a CD or floppy change/insertion and be able to
    informed of media 'type' w/o kernel warnings/error messages. It sounds like
    there is no kernel support for this so far?

    Then it seems the less ideal question is what is the "approved and recommended
    way for a program to "poll" such devices to check for 'changes' and 'media type'
    without the kernel generating spurious WARNINGS/ERRORS?

    L A Walsh | Trust Technology, Core Linux, SGI | Voice: (650) 933-5338

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.021 / U:45.144 seconds]