Hi,

I have two questions on Linux pthread related issues. Would anyone be able
to help?

1. Does any one have some suggestions (pointers) on good kernel Linux thread
libraries?
2. We ran multi-threaded application using Linux pthread library on 2-way
SMP and UP intel platforms (with both 2.2 and 2.4 kernels). We see
significant increase in context switching when moving from UP to SMP, and
high CPU usage with no performance gain in turns of actual work being done
when moving to SMP, despite the fact the benchmark we are running is
CPU-bound. The kernel profiler indicates that the a lot of kernel CPU ticks
went to scheduling and signaling overheads. Has anyone seen something like
this before with pthread applications running on SMP platforms? Any
suggestions or pointers on this subject?

Thanks a lot!

Ying