    SubjectRe: Interesting fs corruption story
    Hi Ettore,
    I have no idea if this is related to your problem since you didn't mention
    that key part, but with the same drive, I managed to trash my root partition
    incredibly badly by trying to use DMA and then do APM suspend or hibernate.
    On wakeup, I'd get an 'hda: lost interrupt' but then things would appear to
    carry on.

    The fix for me was to rebuild the kernel and make sure CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS
    was enabled. So, do you ever use power management and is this similar, or do
    you have a completely different problem ?

    Tim

    --
    Tim Wright - timw@splhi.com or timw@aracnet.com or twright@us.ibm.com
    IBM Linux Technology Center, Beaverton, Oregon