SubjectRe: Interesting fs corruption story
Hi Ettore,
I have no idea if this is related to your problem since you didn't mention
that key part, but with the same drive, I managed to trash my root partition
incredibly badly by trying to use DMA and then do APM suspend or hibernate.
On wakeup, I'd get an 'hda: lost interrupt' but then things would appear to
carry on.

The fix for me was to rebuild the kernel and make sure CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS
was enabled. So, do you ever use power management and is this similar, or do
you have a completely different problem ?

Tim Wright - or or
IBM Linux Technology Center, Beaverton, Oregon
Interested in Linux scalability ? Look at
"Nobody ever said I was charming, they said "Rimmer, you're a git!"" RD VI