    SubjectRe: Inadequate documentation: sockets
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > > =46inally I'm left with my original problem: how am I supposed to
    > > detect a close or a shutdown from the peer? Once again, I thank in
    > > advance anyone who will lend me a hand by explaining this to me or
    > > by addressing me to more adequate documentation.
    > By an EOF on read or getting SIGPIPE/EPIPE on a write. You might want to pick
    > up a book on the subject of network programming. There are some very nice ones
    > around

    As Alan already pointed out, a book on network programming can answer
    these questions. I would recommend "UNIX Network Programming, Volume 1:
    Networking APIs - Sockets and XTI" by W. Richard Stevens.

    Khalid Aziz Linux Development Laboratory
    (970)898-9214 Hewlett-Packard Fort Collins, CO

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.020 / U:3.428 seconds]