    SubjectRe: VT82C586B USB PCI card, Linux USB
    On 03 Mar 2001 12:54:36 +0100, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > No, they have a separate USB chip, but it has the same PCI ID as the
    > builtin silicon in the southbridge.

    Ah. I went and looked up that chip ID at via's website, and saw only
    southbridge chips, no USB-only chips at all. But, my real question was,
    is there a way to get it to work right under Linux? I have two machines;
    one is an Athlon with built-in (Via) USB support, and it seems to work
    ok. I also have a P-200 that's my print server, file server and
    (hopefully) scanner server. It is an old HX-chipset pre-USB socket-7
    intel machine, but I've put a Via-chipset 2-port USB card into it. I
    keep getting timeouts on it. I've looked all over the net for clues as
    to what I can do to get it to work, and nothing has. Both uhci and
    usb-uhci have the same problems. Is there a generic cause for timeout
    problems when doing bulk transfers?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.040 / U:0.012 seconds]