SubjectHow to debug an oops?
Nobody seems interested in the spinlock bugs in usb so I'm trying to
track it down myself. I have a copy of an oops (posted earlier) but it
doesn't give the line number of the error, so it's impossible to find
out where it's failing.

Will kdb be any help? Is it a source debugger or just a glorified hex
editor? I need to be able to break into the kernel and single step
through the calls to work out what is going on.

I'm really out of my depth trying to debug this, but I hate having to
boot a UP kernel just to use usb.

Tony

--
Don't click on this sig - a cyberwoozle will eat your underwear.

tmh@magenta-netlogic.com http://www.nothing-on.tv