SubjectRe: Linux should better cope with power failure
Otto Wyss wrote:

> > No, the correct answer is if you want a reliable recovery then run your disks
> > in non write buffered mode. I.e. turn on sync in fstab.
> >
> You probably haven't tried to use sync or you would have noticed the
> performace penalty. I think nobody really considers sync an alternative.
>
> O. Wyss

You can't have the best of everything. There are tradeoffs. A viable option is a
journaled filesystem. Linux boasts a few, two of which are at your fingertips by
way of config options. Read up on JFS or ReiserFS.

-d

--
There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are virtue and talents. Thomas Jefferson
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from. Andrew S. Tanenbaum