SubjectRe: /linuxrc query
Amit D Chaudhary wrote:
> So, it is not a requirement currently but it is useful to have the script not
> dependent on the current pivot_root implementation.

Yes. Also note that the relative path for dev/console works in
either case, while /dev/console would fail without the implied
chroot in pivot_root.

> But other information in the
> initrd.txt mentions otherwise, hence the query here.

Hmm, sounds like a bug. Where did you find this ?

> I am assuming umount and thereby blockdev after pivot_script and before
> "chroot . init ..." don't make sense as files(dev/console among others)
> are\might still be in use.

Exactly. They's in use in any case until you close and re-open the

- Werner

/ Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH /