    SubjectRe: /linuxrc query
    Amit D Chaudhary wrote:
    > So, it is not a requirement currently but it is useful to have the script not
    > dependent on the current pivot_root implementation.

    Yes. Also note that the relative path for dev/console works in
    either case, while /dev/console would fail without the implied
    chroot in pivot_root.

    > But other information in the
    > initrd.txt mentions otherwise, hence the query here.

    Hmm, sounds like a bug. Where did you find this ?

    > I am assuming umount and thereby blockdev after pivot_script and before
    > "chroot . init ..." don't make sense as files(dev/console among others)
    > are\might still be in use.

    Exactly. They's in use in any case until you close and re-open the

    - Werner

    / Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.019 / U:8.380 seconds]