SubjectVersion 6.1.8 of the aic7xxx driver availalbe
As always, the latest version of this driver is availalbe here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

Complete CHANGELOG is now available at the above URL.

I try to filter though LK as often as I can, but for
best response, please email issues regarding this driver to
me directly.

Changes since 6.1.6:

Change 168 on 2001/03/22 by gibbs@overdrive

Bump version to 6.1.8.

Change 167 on 2001/03/22 by gibbs@overdrive

aic7xxx_linux.c:
aic7xxx_linux.h:
Add support for switching from full to basic
command queuing. Flags in the ahc_linux_device
structure indicate what kind of queuing to performed.

In the past, we issued an ordered tag every 250
transactions. We now issue an ordered tag every
250 transactions issued without the device queue
going empty.

aic7xxx_proc.c:
Use an unsigned long for total number of commands
sent to a device. %q and %lld don't seem to work
under Linux or I'd have used a uint64_t.

Change 166 on 2001/03/22 by gibbs@overdrive

aic7770.c:
aic7xxx_pci.c:
Don't map our interrupt until after we are fully setup to
handle interrupts. Our interrupt line may be shared so
an interrupt could occur at any time.

aic7xxx.h:
aic7xxx.c:
Add support for switching from fully blown tagged queing
to just using simple queue tags should the device reject
an ordered tag.

Remove per-target "current" disconnect and tag queuing
enable flags. These should be per-device and are not
referenced internally be the driver, so we let the OSM
track this state if it needs to.

Use SCSI-3 message terminology.

Change 165 on 2001/03/19 by gibbs@overdrive

aic7770.c:
ahc_reset() leaves the card in a paused state.
Re-arrange the code so we reset the chip earlier
so we can avoid a manual pause during setup.

Setup the controller without enabling card interrupts.

aic7xxx.c:
Fix a bug in ahc_lookup_phase_entry(). We never traversed
past the first entry. This routine is only used in
diagnostics so this had only a limited effect.

Start out life with card interrupts disabled. The bus
code will enable the interrupts once setup is complete
and our handler is in place.

Initialize our softc unit to -1 so that code such as
ahc_linux_next_unit() can traverse the list looking for
coliding unit numbers without tripping over entries that
have not yet had their unit number set.

Enhance ahc_dump_card_state(). OSMs should be able to
rely on this to dump any controller specific data of
interest. Most of the additional registers printed
used to be printed in the FreeBSD timeout handler.

Add a function pointer in our softc for a bus specific
interrupt handler. This removes some dependencies on
the PCI code so that bus attachments can be compiled
as modules separate from the core.

aic7xxx.reg:
Use the naming for bit 5 of DFSTATUS in the data book,
FIFOQWDEMP.

aic7xxx.seq:
In our idle loop, use an or instruction to set PRELOADEN
rather than rewriting the contents of DMAPARAMS to
DFCNTRL. The later may re-enable the DMA engine if
the idle loop is called to complete the preload of at
least one segment when a target disconnects on an S/G
segment boundary but before we have completed fetching
the next segment. This correts a hang, usually in
message out phase, when this situation occurs. This
bug has been here for a long time, so the situation
is rare, but not impossible to reproduce.

Wait for at least 8 bytes in the FIFO before testing to
see if the DMA fetch of an SCB has stalled. The old
code used FIFOEMP, which goes false on a single byte.
Since we drain the FIFO 8 bytes at a time, using FIFOQWDEMP
is safer.

If a device happens to be exceptionally slow in asserting
HDONE, our workaround for a stalled SCB dma can be triggered.
Make this situation non-fatal by terminating our FIFO
emptying should we complete the transfer.

aic7xxx_inline.h:
ahc_pci_intr() -> ahc->bus_intr()

aic7xxx_pci.c:
Setup ahc->bus_intr().

Enable board interrupts at the appropriate time.

Change 164 on 2001/03/19 by gibbs@overdrive

aic7xxx_linux.c:
Format to 80 columns.

Break after finding a matching entry in the token
table during aic7xxx_setup.

print the correct name of a function in a diagnostic.

Change 163 on 2001/03/10 by gibbs@overdrive

Bump version to 6.1.7. The too leanient interpretation
of the seeprom signature could result in improper
termination settings on some MBs, and this is a big
enough bug to warant a new release.

Change 162 on 2001/03/10 by gibbs@overdrive

Handle cross builds.

Change 161 on 2001/03/10 by gibbs@overdrive

We now generate a header file for the db include
under linux to handle the build on more distribution
types.

Change 160 on 2001/03/10 by gibbs@overdrive

aic7xxx.h:
Add a definition for the 3.X BIOS signature.

aic7xxx_inline.h:
We must setup queuestat before processing
command complete interrupts in case target
mode is enabled.

aic7xxx_pci.c:
Be more selective in the BIOS signatures we
support. Some seeproms have a signature of
0xFFFF, so testing greater than 0x250 resulted
in false positives.

Change 159 on 2001/03/09 by gibbs@overdrive

To be compatible with older kernels, our setup routine
must be called aic7xxx_setup().

Change 158 on 2001/03/09 by gibbs@overdrive

aicasm/Makefile:
Play some games so we have a better chance of actually
building on more systems.

Change 157 on 2001/03/09 by gibbs@overdrive

aic7770_linux.c:
aic7xxx_linux.h:
Adjust aic7770_map_int() to not rely on a passed in "shared"
argument. We can now look at ahc->flags to see whether the
interrupt source is edge or level.

aic7xxx_linux.c:
Only adjust our goal negotiation settings if the device
is actually present. This prevents a disconnected lun
that does not claim to support negotiations from messing
up the settings for a successfully probed lun whose inquiry
data properly reflects the abilities of the device.

Set the device structure as releasable should the inquiry
come back with anything other than lun connected. We
should also do this if the device goes away as evidenced
by a selection timeout, but as we can't know if this
condition is persistant and there is no guarantee that
the mid-layer will reissue the inquiry command we use
to validate the device, I've simply added a comment
this effect.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:1.179 / U:0.124 seconds]