SubjectRE: regression testing
Date
Rik van Riel wrote:

>This is definately a great idea.
[...]
>Note that some of these testing options are almost trivial to
>set up
[...]

If an effort in this direction produced a "kernel-tester.tar.gz"
package, I'm sure lots of people with spare hardware would install
it, and then check it once a day for oops or crashes, and mail in
the bug reports....

I have the spare hardware, I just don't have the time to constantly
be downloading, compiling, and testing. I'm sure I'm not unique in
that respect.

An automated system would probably bring thousands of new machines
on board for continuous testing, keeping it a community effort.

Not that the testing work of IBM, SGI, Red Hat, et. al. is
unappreciated, but a distributed, open, regression testing package
sort of fits the Linux philosophy and model...

Torrey Hoffman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.022 / U:0.212 seconds]