ATI64 Rage pro AGP,
Matrox Millenium,
Matrox Mystique,
ATI Rage II+ PCI,
normal keyboard
USB keyboard,
2x USB mouse.
USB hub and USB hub in keyboard.

1. Just plain Xfree 4.0.2 with xinerama works stable, just
gets killed by memory-hogging netscape.
2. framebuffer leads to hardlock sometimes quite soon. whatever,
ati or matrox. Looks like at VT switch. No way to debug,

3. I have here second patched Xfree, got someones patch and
rebuilt rpm, to support USB keyboard. the box crashes also without
it.
It looks like all places where VT switch may occur, are commented
out from xfree.
Without framebuffer, everything works, but vt switch
still occurs and only one X is usable...
first X stalls until second gets killed and then works again.
sometimes I can even switch between them from console.
Does the console input trigger console switch... dont understand.
strace doesnt show anything ... looks like two copies of X talk
each other via shared memory or something...

elmer.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.094 / U:0.100 seconds]