SubjectRe: kernel 2.4.2 network performances
Sampsa Ranta wrote:

> Yesterday I discovered that the load I can throw out to network seems to
> depend on other activities running on machine. I was able to get
> throughput of 33M/s with ATM when machine was idle, while I compiled
> kernel at same time, the throughput was 135M/s.
>
> So, I suggest you try to compile kernel while running your UDP stream!

Ouch. My guess is the kernel looks for stuff to do when scheduling, and
compiling will definitely cause more of that. Maybe it waits for
the next timer interrupt when idle, instead of checking if there's
more to do?

Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.075 / U:0.060 seconds]