SubjectRe: new generic content schemes popping up everywhere...
Andre Hedrick wrote:
> >From siliconvalley.com's GMSV column today:
> self-destruct if it's tampered with. The utility is enabled
> with 11 layers of security defenses, all of which must be
> successfully navigated to disable the system. These layers
> range from a series of forced reboots designed to thwart
> automated hacking tools to something called "the white screen
> of death" which destroys the software and all files stored
> inside it. Infraworks CEO George Friedman says the
> application's system-level control is possible largely because
> it is firmly anchored into users' C drives during
> installation. "We're fairly deep in the operating system,"

Not much help if you put the disk in another box without their
system installed (or mount in linux/BSD/MacOS) to break the
encryption/controls. Once that's done, A floppy based OS
and tool could break open the files on a disk, when their
apps aren't running.

If it can be decrypted "legally" it can
be done "illegally" too.

-Thomas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.044 / U:0.320 seconds]