SubjectRe: Kernel 2.4.1 on RHL 6.2
Date
In article <200103101754.f2AHsUL04580@mailout1-100bt.midsouth.rr.com>,
Stephen "M." Williams <rootusr@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:
>Make sure you have the following symlinks in your /usr/include
>directory, assuming you're on an x86 machine:
>
>asm -> /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/
>linux -> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/

Note! You only have to have those symlinks on broken systems such
as Redhat.

Sane systems such as Debian have a copy of the kernel header files
that the C library was compiled against in /usr/include/{linux,asm}
instead of symlinks to the kernel source. Do not play the symlink
trick on those systems.

Before this turns into a flamewar: this has been discussed 20 or
so times before, and both Linus and the glibc developers agree
that you a distribution should do the latter. The headers you use
to compile userland binaries should be the same as the C library
was compiled against.

If you need to compile a standalone module use -I/usr/src/linux/include

Mike.
--
Go not unto the Usenet for advice, for you will be told both yea and nay (and
quite a few things that just have nothing at all to do with the question).