SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.1-ac7
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> I just tested ac8.
>
> If I run this test, the system gets really slow. It takes about
> a second between the time I press a key, and the time it appears
> on the screen. The load goes way up. Everything seems to block.

I'm sorry, but ... what test ?
And how do older kernels run the same thing ?

> It ran for serval minutes. The process itself took about 1
> minutes of CPU time, and so did kswapd. It took atleast 5
> minutes real time.
>
> I once did just the same with 2.4.0, it took more like 30
> minutes then, and I ended up killing the process myself.

So the kernel's behaviour has improved ?

regards,

Rik
--
Linux MM bugzilla: http://linux-mm.org/bugzilla.shtml

http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.115 / U:0.604 seconds]