SubjectRe: Better battery info/status files

> > This fixes units, and makes format tag: value. Please apply.
> The units seem to vary. I suggest using fundamental SI units.
> That would be meters, kilograms, seconds, and maybe a very
> few others -- my memory fails me on this.
> Power meter applets will be eternally buggy if you force them
> to deal with units that change. In fact there is no reason to
> print the units if you always use the fundamental units.

Problem is that _hardware_ wants to talk us two different units.

Sometimes it wants to tell us watts.

Sometimes hw wants to tell us volts and ampers.

I believe kernel should not do any translation. [It is _not_ trivial
-- if battery voltage changes with time.]
I'm "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.096 / U:9.468 seconds]