    SubjectRe: [Kiobuf-io-devel] RFC: Kernel mechanism: Compound event wait

    On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > > Does it has to be vectors? What about lists?
    > I'd prefer to avoid lists unless there is some overriding concern, like a
    > real implementation issue. But I don't care much one way or the other -
    > what I care about is that the setup and usage time is as low as possible.
    > I suspect arrays are better for that.

    I was more thinking about the higher layers. Here it's simpler to setup a
    list of pages which can be send to a lower layer. In the page cache we
    already have per address space lists, so it would be very easy to use
    that. A lower layer can generate of course anything it wants out of this,
    e.g. it can generate sublists or vectors.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.019 / U:105.856 seconds]