    SubjectRe: [Kiobuf-io-devel] RFC: Kernel mechanism: Compound event wait /notify + callback chains
    > > 	kiovec_align(kiovec, 512);
    > > and have it do the bounce buffers ?
    >
    > _All_ drivers would have to do that in the degenerate case, because
    > none of our drivers can deal with a dma boundary in the middle of a
    > sector, and even in those places where the hardware supports it in
    > theory, you are still often limited to word-alignment.

    Thats true for _block_ disk devices but if we want a generic kiovec then
    if I am going from video capture to network I dont need to force anything more
    than 4 byte align

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:56    [W:0.028 / U:0.228 seconds]