    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Linux-NTFS project, first public release
    At 01:16 04/02/2001, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
    >To date, I have provided tools to 7,000+ folks who use this driver that
    >trash their NTFS partitions. TRG will discontinue distribution of these
    >tools at this point since Anton has a Linux based version.
    >
    >Please do not email me for any more NT based repair tools for damaged
    >NTFS partitions trashed by Linux. Please contact Andre and use his

    You probably meant Anton in the sentence above...

    >tools instead. I will inform Microsoft I will no longer be providing
    >these tools since Anton now has something that will do the job.

    The NTFS disk edit utility you were providing does quite a lot more since
    it is interactive. And my utility doesn't do everything I would like it to
    do yet but it does work so I wanted to push a release out of the door ASAP.
    But it doesn't really matter. The NTFS disk editor is a relatively freely
    available utility as I found out recently, anyways. It is present on the
    Windows NT4 Service Pack 4 CD! It's not mentioned anywhere in the
    documentation but it sure is there among the service pack files. I managed
    to dig the out in our College computer office and it's now officially mine.
    That has the advantage of not binding you to the license of only using it
    for repairing NTFS partitions... (-:

    Best regards,

    Anton

    Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW: http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-ntfs/