SubjectRe: PROBLEM: mount -o loop of ISO image lockup
I didn't want to mention the patch because I was investigating my load
hovering around 1.3 after mounting an image using the patch. I know I
mentioned it to someone else before but I sent out the email before I
noticed the load.

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, William Stearns wrote:

> Good morning, Mohammed, Fabrizio,
>
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:
>
> > Known problem.
>
> Then wouldn't it make sense to point Fabrizio at a known solution?
> ;-)
> Fabrizio: I'm going to guess that your problem might be the loop
> lockups that have been part of late 2.3 and all 2.4. Jenbs Axboe has some
> patches that seem to fix the problem; see
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/patches/2.4.2-pre4/
> The loop-6 patch there appears to apply to 2.4.2-ac1 and I
> suspect will apply to 2.4.2 proper.
> Mohammed: is there another problem or fix of which I'm not aware?
> Cheers,
> - Bill
>
> > Fabrizio Ammollo wrote:
> > >
> > > [1.] mount -o loop of ISO image lockup
> > > [2.] mount of an ISO image created with mkisofs and correctly read and
> > > verified by isoread and isovrfy locks ; nothing is reported my mount, and it
> > > is unkillable ; the line is reported by ps this way:

> "That vulnerability is completely theoretical." -- Microsoft
> L0pht, Making the theoretical practical since 1992.
> (Courtesy of "Deliduka, Bennet" <bennet.deliduka@state.vt.us>)
> William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com). Mason, Buildkernel, named2hosts,
> and ipfwadm2ipchains are at: http://www.pobox.com/~wstearns
> LinuxMonth; articles for Linux Enthusiasts! http://www.linuxmonth.com

Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/
batmanppc@themes.org