SubjectRe: Very high bandwith packet based interface and performance problems
Hi!

> > This is NOT what I'm seeing at all.. the kernel load appears to be
> > pegged at 100% (or very close to it), the user space app is getting
> > enough cpu time to read out about 10-20Mbit, and FURTHERMORE the kernel
> > appears to be ACKING ALL the traffic, which I don't understand at all
> > (e.g. the transmitter is simply blasting 300MBit of tcp unrestricted)
>
> TCP _requires_ the remote end ack every 2nd frame regardless of
> progress.

Should not TCP advertise window of 0 to stop sender?

Where does kernel put all those data in tcp case? I do not understand
that. Transmiter blasts at 300Mbit, userspace gets 20Mbit. There's
280Mbit datastream going _somewhere_. It should be eating memory at
35MB/second, unless you have 1Gig of ram, something interesting should
happen after minute or so...
Pavel
--
I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."