SubjectRe: RFC: vmalloc improvements
Date
In article <200102240026.QAA09446@k2.llnl.gov>,
Reto Baettig <baettig@k2.llnl.gov> wrote:

>We would volounteer to improve vmalloc if there is any chance of
>getting it into the main kernel tree. We also have an idea how we
>Could do that (quite similar to the process address space management):
>
>1. Create a generic avl-tree headerfile (similar to list.h)

No thanks.

Just use the process address space management as-is, and make the
vmalloc address list be the same as any other address list: it would just
be the "native" address list for "init_mm".

You could probably even use "insert_vm_struct()" directly, and have that
do the AVL tree stuff for you, no changes needed.

>Is this something that makes sense to do and that could make it
>into the 2.4 or the 2.5 kernel?

It's definitely not a 2.4.x thing.

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.039 / U:0.932 seconds]