SubjectRe: regular lockup on 2.4.2 (w/oops)
On Friday, 23 February 2001 at 19:50, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I wonder if it's related to ACPI and/or IDE - I seem to get on
> > occasion one ide_dmaproc: lost interrupt message during fsck - after a
> > few seconds it recovers only to hang for good some 10-15 seconds
> > later.
>
> Turn off ACPI and try that kernel. If that one also causes problems then it
> helps a lot as it implies its not ACPI. If it works then its ACPI and most
> of us will be happy (except Andrew of course)

Preliminary results indicate ACPI was the culprit. I brought up my
system a couple times and SysRq-S,B'd, forcing full fsck's of all my
filesystems. With ACPI enabled I never got through all of them, now
everything appears ok. Will let you know if the problem reoccurs.

Thanks,
Brendan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.023 / U:1.396 seconds]