    Subjectquery: IP over PCI?

    hi,

    sorry if this is the wrong place... but:

    there have been many references in the past (notably in the beowulf
    community) about TCP/IP over PCI -- that was way back with kernel
    2.2.9 and thereabouts (1999). at that time, there were some patches
    available to implement this...

    i've done some recursive greps and what not through the 2.4.x trees,
    and searched all the various online sources of knowledge, but keep
    coming up blank today ...

    can anyone inform me of the status for this? we've got some
    embedded PCI-card ARM boards that we'd like to run linux on, using
    IP-over-PCI to tftp their kernel and NFS mount their filesystems...
    as well as many other interesting things. (these boards are in
    regular x86 PC Linux hosts. the actual boards are Intel IXP1200
    units.)

    any pointers, or FAQs, or <insert reference here> would be vastly
    appreciated.

    thanks,

    josh fryman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.020 / U:89.604 seconds]