Subject[INFO] 2.2.15 -> 2.4.0/1 Performance
Date
Hi,

I just thought I'd pass piece of information this to those of you who have
done work on the kernel. Attached is a PNG image of the CPU usage graph on
one of my most loaded webservers over the past four weeks. It shows the
HUGE difference in CPU consumption from the now old 2.2+ kernel; you'll
likely be able to tell when I made the change. Blue lines represent kernel
CPU usage, and green lines represent user CPU usage. Although I've been
having some issues with the 2.4.0 kernel dying on me after a few days, I'm
going to stay the course on this one and also applaud the hard work and
effort everyone has put into making Linux one of the best operating systems
I've ever used.

Best regards,
Vibol Hou
KhmerConnection, http://khmer.cc
"Connecting Cambodian Minds, Art, and Culture"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.028 / U:0.080 seconds]