SubjectRe: [reiserfs-list] Re: ReiserFS Oops (2.4.1, deterministic, symlink
On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 02:58:14PM -0800, alex@foogod.com wrote:

> Now, it seems to me, as long as the ReiserFS folks are going to be getting the
> bulk of the extra work(/mail/whatever) out of this, and they've been advised
> of the risks to their own person and are ok with that (which they apparently
> are), then they might as well go ahead and try it. It's their inboxes.

okay, i don't really want to prolong this debate any longer, but why not put
something in Documentation/Configure.help along the lines of "warning: gcc
2.96 has been known to cause errors with reiserfs! if it goes weird on you,
_upgrade (or downgrade) your compiler and re-compile your kernel_."

imho Configure.help would be one of the best places to put notices such as
these.

--
/ #ozone <andrep@cse.unsw.edu.au>; (mobile# 0411 882299)
trust in love to save