    SubjectRe: Linux stifles innovation...
    Hi.

    Thought I'd toss my 0.02sek into the discussion.

    > > > objective, arent we?
    > >Nope. Are you claiming to be?
    > >
    > > > For example, if there were six different companies that marketed ethernet
    > > > drivers for the eepro100, you'd have a choice of which one to buy..perhaps
    > >... Rant deleted
    > >
    > >I had a problem with eepro100.
    > >It was fixed same night cause I had the source.
    > >Don't even try to compare with MickyS**t.
    >
    > good commercial drivers dont need fixing. another point. You are arguing
    > that having source is required to fix crappy code, which i agree with.

    Ok, tell that to my SBLive that absolutely loves jumping and jittering
    on my SMP box under Win2k. Creative have been notified. Ever since they
    released their first driver for it...

    So if they would've had their driver out in the open I'm sure SOMEONE,
    if not me, would've squashed the bug already.

    So you're right, good commercial drivers don't need fixing.
    Also, good open-source drivers don't need fixing.
    Good drivers don't need fixing! Of course they don't!

    But crap coding is crap coding no matter what license/distribution form
    you put it under, be it open source, closed source or whatnot.

    // Stefan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.035 / U:0.092 seconds]