    SubjectLinux 2.4.1ac14

    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.4/

    2.4.1-ac14
    o Fix tulip problems introduced by in ac13 (Manfred Spraul)
    o S/390x build fixes (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Fix off by one error in octagon driver (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix dasd driver for new queues (Holger Smolinksi)
    o Networking standards compliance fixes
    o Fix binary layout assumptions in sym53c416 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o tmpfs timestamps (Christoph Rohland)
    o Further mkdep changes (Keith Owens)
    o Fix 16bit vfat handling (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    o JIS nls fixes (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    o Handle more than 8 luns (Eric Youngdale,
    Doug Gilbert)
    o Minor scsi clean ups (Eric Youngdale)

    2.4.1-ac13
    o Fix pnic tulip problems (Manfred Spraul)
    o Fix USB printer read and poll problems (Johannes Erdfelt)
    o Fix parport pci list corrupt bug (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix sbpcd driver crashes (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Clarify the locking doc (Rusty Russell)
    o i810 audio doesnt need OSS (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix vmalloc fault race (Mark Hemment)
    o Makedep fixes (Keith Owens)
    o Fix missing unlock_kernel on usb hub (Paul Mundt)
    o Fix smbfs+bigmem, buffer and listing bugs (Urban Widmark)
    o Merge tms380 isa token ring support (Jochen Friedrich)
    o Sigmatel change didnt help, removed (Jeff Garzik)

    2.4.1-ac12
    o Make tmpfs use link counts of 2 on directories (Christoph Rohland)
    o Update Documentation/sound/Introductions (Wade Hampton)
    o Fix bug in new tlb shootdown code (Ben LaHaise)
    o Add isa_* api to the Alpha (Richard Henderson)
    o Export down_trylock on Alpha (Richard Henderson)
    o Fix maestro3 build on ia64 (Bill Nottingham)

    2.4.1-ac11
    o Hack the setup code to do the right thing for (me)
    Cyrix processors. Cpuid on cyrix should now work
    o Change sigmatel codec inits (Jeff Garzik)
    o Revised TLB shootdown patch (Ben LaHaise)
    o Use pci quirks to handle the nonstandard irq (Andrey Panin)
    setup for VIA ACPI
    o If a user sets an io on the opl3sa2 assume they (me)
    mean it even if isapnp isnt turned off
    o Fix xmms cpu burn on i810 audio (Marcus Sundberg)
    o Fix pnic problems with tulip driver (Manfred Spraul)
    o Add pci skeleton driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix vfat mishandling of 16bit characters (Kazuki Yasumatsu)
    o Fix syntax things found by his source code (Jean-Luc Leger)
    analyser
    o Fix pcmcia ixj build bug (Florian)
    o Remove dead via sound docs (Jeff Garzik)
    o add __dev_alloc_skb for drivers needing to force(Jeff Garzik)
    allocation types
    o Fix arcnet initializers (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix various warnings (Keith Owens)
    o Further MPT fusion updates (Steve Ralston)
    o sock_alloc_send_skb fix (Manfred Spraul)
    o Fix signed/unsigned handling on 8139too (Jeff Garzik)
    o Document problem with old powertweak (Dave Jones)
    o s/controler/controller/ spelling fixes
    o S/390 build fixes (Neale Ferguson)

    2.4.1-ac10
    o Merge with Linus 2.4.2pre3
    o More net driver clean up (Jeff Garzik)
    o Further maxiradio fix (Francois Romieu)
    o Lock reclaiming fixes (MCL)
    o Update ver_linux (Steven Cole)
    o Add support for the Socket LP-E CF+ ethernet (Nicolas Pitre)
    o Fix microtek scanner abort handling (Oliver Neukum)
    o Fix very dumb bug in my dma.c changes that (me)
    Linus noticed
    o Clean up AGP alloc/destroy a little (me)
    | Again a Linus request
    o Remove dead 8129 config help (Dave Jones)
    o Clean up extra unneeded check in setup.c (Dave Jones)
    o Improve mkdep, remove acpi special case (Keith Owens)
    o Fix bogus dead comment in fs.h (Jens Axboe)
    o Clean up config.in syntax errors (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Offer Duron in CPU option list for clarity (Terje Rosten)
    o New binutils need --oformat, old ones handle it (Andreas Jaeger)
    o Move bitops include in fs.h inside __KERNEL__ (Herbert Xu)
    o Fix misspellings of weird (Felix Odenkirchen)
    o Fix typos of 'valid' while we are at it (Luuk van der Duim)

    2.4.1-ac9
    o Merge with Linus 2.4.2pre2
    o Highmem bounce fixes (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix cosa driver kfree (Jan Kasprzak)
    o Clean up pdoc202xx driver sleeps (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Final bits of NFS file handle changes (Trond Myklebust)
    o Fix usbnet driver (David Brownell)
    o ATM includes fixes (Werner Almesberger)
    o Remove unneeded vm_enough_memory check (Werner Almesberger)
    o Fix free_dma prototype case (Bill Nottingham)
    o Fix build bugs from pci_match_device fix (me)
    o HP5300 USB scanner driver (Oliver Neukum,
    John Fremlin,
    Jeremy Hall)
    o DSP_SETFRAGMENT fixes for ymfpci (Pavel Roskin)
    o Fix codafs error returns (Rob Radez)
    o Fix 48 misspellings of interrupt (André Dahlqvist)
    o Fix 20 misspellings of successful (André Dahlqvist)
    o Fix 11 misspellings of suppress (André Dahlqvist)
    o Fix 46 misspellings of address (André Dahlqvist)
    o Fix 26 misspellings of receive (André Dahlqvist)
    o Fix 7 misspellings of acquire (André Dahlqvist)
    o Fix 4 misspellings of unneccessary (André Dahlqvist)
    o Fix 13 misspellings of until (André Dahlqvist)

    2.4.1-ac8
    o Fix irlap speed changes and kfrees (Jean Tourrilhes)
    o Further NTFS updates (Anton Altaparmakov,
    Yuri Per, Rob Radez)
    o Fix buglets in config.in for aic7xxx (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Cleanup irda QoS code (Jean Tourrilhes)
    o Fix mca documentations (Rob Radez)
    o Fix irlan device attach problems (Dag Brattli)
    o Fix irda dongle crash case (Dag Brattli)
    o Change Kaweth firmware loading, add DU-E10 (Eric Sandeen)
    o pci_enable cleanups for networking (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix rcpci45 probing (Jeff Garzik)
    o Use SET_MODULE_OWNER() in lanstreamer (Jeff Garzik)
    o Use pcmcia defines as per seperate pcmcia net (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix people calling netif_start_queue from a (Jeff Garzik)
    timeout
    o Remove 8129 driver (use 8139too) (Jeff Garzik)
    o Remove dead malloc.h from net drivers (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update eata driver to 6.04 (Dario Ballabio)
    o Add DE320 support to ne2.c (Alfred Arnold)
    o Kernel hacking doc updates (John Levon)
    o Fix CPU detection offsets in head.S (Mikael Pettersson)
    o Fix apic init/cpu detect problems (Mikael Pettersson)

    2.4.1-ac7
    o Rebalance the 2.4.1 VM (Rik van Riel)
    | This should make things feel a lot faster especially
    | on small boxes .. feedback to Rik
    o Silence osf syscall error printk (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Don't trust ARC irq routing on ruffian (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Report the right module on 3c59x for pcmcia (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Update i82365 driver to add locks, delays, and (Arjan van de Ven)
    'bouncing' on the card detect
    o Get the name right on ide-cs (v ide_cs) and do (Arjan van de Ven)
    resource claims
    o Merge parport_cs (David Hinds)
    o Merge sedlbauer_cs (Marcus Niemann)
    o Fix a bug in the Cyrix pirq routing (me)

    2.4.1-ac6
    o Fix eepro100 reporting on lockup fix (Ion Badulescu)
    o Clean up i810 error message (me)
    o Fix S390 build bug (me)
    o Update version id on cpqarray driver (Charles White)
    o Further aic7xxx fixes (Doug Ledford)
    | again please report aic7xxx stuff to Doug
    o Further maxiradio cleanups (Dimitromanolakis Apostolos)
    o Change ide to use mdelay cleanly (Petr Vandrovec)
    | Still broken for PROMISE if no IDE_CS
    o Fix duplicated ncpfs fix (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Improve inode hash function (Dave Miller)
    o Correct 62 misspellings of transferred (Andre Dahlqvist)
    o Update AC97 codec setup and tables (Jeff Garzik)

    2.4.1-ac5
    o Fix zero page corruption (Ben La Haise)
    o Elevator corruption fixes (Jens Axboe, Linus)
    o Fix fdatasync possible corruption problem (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Further KSLI ethernet fixes (Eric Sandeen)
    o Merge the correct version of the pm fixes (me)
    | noted by Mikael Pettersson
    o Account for inode/dcache in free memory (Rik van Riel)
    o Add info on how to check reiserfsprogs versions (Steven Cole)
    o Disable write combining on serverworks LE chips (Mark Rusk)
    o Fix via audio crashes (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix ip accounting rules bug (Rusty Russell)
    o Handle USB printers that use device not (Johannes Erdfelt)
    interface descriptors
    o Fix wheel on graphire usb tablet (Peter Hofmann)
    o Clean up maxiradio driver (Francois Romieu)
    o Fix visor USB size reporting on buffers (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Update USB serial documentation (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix locking on etherworks3 ethernet (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix empeg USB driver problems (Gary Brubaker)
    o Generic USB serial driver fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Update USB serial configure.help (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Add more device support to mct_u232 USB (Cornel Ciocirlan)
    o Fix typo in asm-ppc/semaphore.h (Andre Dahlqvist)
    o Report reiserfs tools in ver_linux (Steven Cole)
    o Fix resource leaks in NCR_53c406, atari_scsi (Rasmus Andersen)
    and qlogicisp
    o Move pci_enable_device earlier for hamachi (Dave Jones)
    o Type 6 drives are apparently floppy 2.88M (Dave Jones)
    o Remove duplicate pci_enable_device in ne2kpci (Dave Jones)

    2.4.1-ac4
    o Fix sk_in use counting in svcsock.c (Neil Brown)
    | Not yet a complete and final agreed solution
    o Add support for KLSI USB ethernet (Brad Hards,
    Stephane Alnet, 'the Zapman', and co)
    o Update aic7xxx driver (Doug Ledford)
    | Please test this carefully and cc reports to Doug
    o Add help for CONFIG_INPUT (Steven Cole)
    o 3c523 driver update (Tom Sightler)
    o Fix reiserfs Changes entry further (Steven Cole)
    o Limit ide scatter gather to 128 blocks (Jens Axboe)
    o Merge hppa config.in changes (Matthew Wilcox)
    o Fix tx timeout recovery on via rhine (Manfred Spraul)
    o Fix stale comments in fs/block_dev.c (Tigran Aivazian)
    o Further defxx driver work (Maciej Rozycki)
    o winbond 840 reported wrong setting value (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Guillemot Maxi radio support (Dimitromanolakis Apostolos)
    o Allow sleeping in pm callbacks but with locking (me)
    working

    2.4.1-ac3
    o Remove ancient dead net/Changes file (Janice Girouard)
    o Merge Linus 2.4.2pre1
    o Resync xirc2ps with Dave Hinds tree (dilinger)
    o Finish sorting out ramfs problems (Mike Galbraith)
    o Update AWE32 documentation (Andre Dahlqvist)
    o Remove reference to dead PPP documentation (Andre Dahlqvist)
    o Make max_map tunable (Werner Almesberger)
    o Fix dead references to java support in some (Andre Dahlqvist)
    arch/config
    o Make shmfs estimate size limits if none set (Christoph Rohland)
    o Revert Crusoe hanging pci hanging changes
    | Im still chasing something weird in this
    | area that some of the pci changes I have fixes...
    o Merge HPPA hackers into CREDITS (Mathew Wilcox)
    o Merge some of the HPPA updates (Mathew Wilcox)
    o Add Reiserfs tools to changes (Steven Cole)
    o Fix i2o Configure.help typo (YOSHIMURA Keitaro)
    o SuperH HD64465 host bridge support (Greg Banks)
    o Fix modversion.h includes (Keith Owens)
    o Tlan driver probing updates (Jeff Garzik)
    o Change media drivers to use new style module (me)
    locking
    | Janitorial job - fix the last ones that
    | don't use module_*() and dump the init code

    2.4.1-ac2
    o Fix matrox G450 framebuffer support (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Fix description of DMA-mapping.txt (Dave Miller)
    o Fix accidental revert of classifier bug (Dave Miller)
    o Fix accidental revert of isdn change
    o Fix datagram hang on shutdown (Alexey Kuznetsov)
    o Fix 64bit build of clntproc (Michal Jaegermann)
    | wants a tidier solution yet
    o Fix ide toc caching bug introduced in 2.4.0 (Fredrik Vraalsen)
    | this should fix the DVD playback problems
    o Swapfs renaming and final bits (Christoph Rohland)
    o Further APIC/NMI updates (Mikael Pettersson)
    o Add further kernel doc contributions (John Levon)
    o ACPI battery tweaks (Pavel Machek)
    o Further ramfs fixes (Ingo Oeser)
    o ROMFS fixes (Mike Galbraith)
    o CS4281 fixes (Thomas Woller)
    o Shift to authors official fixes for acenic (Jes Sorensen)
    o Update the usb host<->host network drivers (David Brownell)
    | Experimental but he wanted feedback so if you
    | have one beat it up a bit

    2.4.1-ac1
    o Resync with Linus 2.4.1
    o Fix recursive make_request crash (Ingo Molnar)
    o Updated VIA IDE driver (Vojtech Pavlik)
    | Please exercise due care and caution testing this
    | bit...
    o Fix case where threaded apps might write to (Ben LaHaise)
    freed kernel memory
    o Fix ACPI oopses on tecra (apparently bios bugs) (Pavel Machek)
    o AHA152x fixes from maintainer (Juergen Fischer)
    o Fix case where scsi could hang on boot waiting (Rogier Wolff)
    for a disk spinup
    o Further maestro3 pm work (Zach Brown)
    o Further NTFS fixes (Yuri Per)
    o Add GNU make to the list of URLs in Changes (Steven Cole)
    o Make dmx3191d enable device before touching it (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Make the sbpcd driver actually useful in 2.4 (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Make buslogic enable device before touching it (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix tty module locking mishandling (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Workaround code for APIC problems with ne2k (Maciej Rozycki)
    | this will break original 82489DX devices for now
    | ie _very_ early dual pentium boards
    o Fix iptos netfilter bug (Rusty Russell)
    o Fix get/set_fpu_mxcsr to check xmm ont fxsr (Doug Ledford)
    o Fix name_to_kdev_t symbol (Adam J Richter)
    o Update magic sysrq docs (Jeremy Dolan)
    o Support for ETinc PCIsync boards (Francois Romieu)
    o Mass duplicated word spelling fixes (Dave Jones)
    o Update sb driver to use spinlocks (Chris Rankin)
    o Fix leak in bmac driver (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix kmalloc check in atm/common (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix buffer leak in defxx (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix kmalloc check in netrom driver (Hans Grobler)
    |BTW side exercise - how about using vmalloc here ?
    o Ditto for rose (Hans Grobler)
    |Ditto for comment ;)
    o Fix lockd 64bit handling (H J Lu)
    o Tidy pci_match_device ifdefs (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix qla1280 handling of registration failure (Rasmus Andersen
    Rakesh Rakesh)
    o Config include fixes (Niels Jensen)
    o MatroxFB updates (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Tidy fat_read_super to use get_hardsect_size (Tigran Aivazian)
    o Fix m68k bitops ffs() (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix ip_nat_standalone ksyms stuff (Rusty Russell)
    o Fix copy_from_user mishandling in ip_fw_compat (Rusty Russell)
    o Fix romfs for 2.4ac maxbytes (Mike Galbraith)
    o filemap/aging updates (Rik van Riel)
    o Enable device before reading irq in ne2k-pci (Martin Diehl)
    o Remove surplus nr_ioapics definition (Rasmus Andersen)
    o S/390 build fixes (Florian Laroche)
    o Advansys driver fixes/portability (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix out of message handling error in i2o_block (Jason Lai)
    o Fix bit granularity of 32 in ACPI driver (Adam J Richter)
    o Fix unsafe casting for ARM on NFS root mount (Russell King)
    o Fix mxcsr masking on pentium IV (Doug Ledford)
    o Update u14/eata drivers to 6.03 (Dario Ballabio)
    o Fix signed/unsigned mess in sysctl handlers (me)

    2.4.0-ac12
    o Merge Linus -pre10
    | This replaces our ppc and most net
    | protocol diffs
    o Fix escaped waitpid prototypes (Dave Miller)
    o smctr driver fixes (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix hga probing (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Fix 8139too to enable pci before using pci vals (Jeff Garzik)
    o maestro3 crash on pm fix
    o Further lance cleaning (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o depca init cleanup (Jeff Garzik)
    o Remove aironet dead code, add probe table (Jeff Garzik)
    o hp100 driver cleanup (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Make tms380 driver work (Jeff Garzik)
    o Blacklist IBM drivers on HPT366 for the moment (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix write_room on empeg serial usb (Gary Brubaker)
    o Update natsemi driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Set last_rx on ppp_generic (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix modular tga (Matt Wilson)
    o set dev->last_rx at right place in plip (Jeff Garzik)
    o drop SIOCATEOR, fix endian bugs in DECnet (Steve Whitehouse)
    o Add ISAPnP support to smc-ultra (Alexander Sotirov)
    o Report errors on scsi_unregister_module (Oliver Neukum)
    o Clean up starfire driver/fix mem ordering (Jeff Garzik, Jes)
    o Fix tulip memleak, enable pci before using (Jeff Garzik)
    o Yellowfin bss not data segment bits (Jeff Garzik)
    o Quieten DMI reporting (me)
    o Fix alpha wait4 error (Martin Schinschak)
    o Fix md warning (Peter Samuelson)
    o Fix via AGP support (Jeff Hartmann)
    o Fusion driver updates (Steve Ralston)
    o Fix bogus net core warnings on irda (me)
    | needs more pondering before a final solutiomn
    o Error negative size sysctl (me)
    o Fix af_unix crash on big buffers (me)
    | partly based on code from Andrew Morton

    2.4.0-ac11
    o Raid5 corruption fix (Neil Brown)
    o Add Etrax 'cris' architecture support (Axis)
    o APIC crash fixes (Ingo Molnar)
    o Jochen Hein moved (Jochen Hein)
    o Fix mm/slab.c doc (Matthew Wilcox)
    o Major NTFS updates (Anton Altaparmakov)
    o Make ewrk3 driver work (Nathan Hand)
    o Fix vfb driver line length reporting (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Allow xirc2 config on kernel command line (David Luyer)
    o via audio mmap support, ioctl fixes (Rui Sousa)
    o Fix ncpfs limits (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Fix bios reading in i91xx scsi driver (Trevor Hemsley)
    o S/390 updates (Holger Smolinski)
    o Add pci dma mapping to epic100 (Francois Romieu)
    o Resync with Linus 2.4.1pre9
    - Fix DRM bugs in pre9 (Linus Torvalds)
    - Fix HPFS tests in pre9 (me)
    o Remove dead dsp56k/qpmouse inits (Hans Grobler)
    o uart401 module locking fixes (Chris Rankin)
    o Fix cs46xx build error in non module (Hans Grobler)
    o Update hdparm url (Andre Dahlqvist)
    o ibmmca updates (Michael Lang)
    o Fix smctr build problems (Hans Grobler)
    o Typo fixes (Ulrich Kunitz)
    o Fix depca to new style module stuff (Hans Grobler)
    | more love and attention still needed
    o New kmalloc checks in buz.c (Hans Grobler)
    o mct_u232 had wrong device id data (Adam J Richter)
    o aty128fb error path fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Add radeon config help (Andre Dahlqvist)
    o Fix acpi header (Adam J Richter)
    o Add missing externs to bttv header (Hans Grobler)
    o Add missing externs to bridge (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix include/linux/rtc.h typo (John Fremlin)
    o Remove unreachable code from atm proc (Hans Grobler)
    o wanrouter proc fixes (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix naming of GPL all over the code (Andre Dahlqvist)
    o sis900 new module locking (Jeff Garzik)
    o Remove unneeded private byte count from sb1000 (Jeff Garzik)
    o NCPfs didnt set s->maxbytes (Petr Vandrovec)
    o DEC lance cleanup (Jeff Garzik)
    o Tulip update (Jeff Garzik)
    o Multiple drivers last_rx and skb deref fixes (Jeff Garzik)
    o Make bonding new style (Jeff Garzik)
    o Remove dead definitions from 8390 code (Jeff Garzik)
    o 8139too updates (Jeff Garzik)
    o 82596 driver updates (Jeff Garzik)
    o Set last_rx on acenic (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update roadrunner to new module locking (Jeff Garzik)

    2.4.0-ac10
    o Merge Linus 2.4.1-8
    o Add s->s_maxbytes to reiserfs (me)
    o Remove EHASHCOLLISION and make reiserfs thus (me)
    compatible with existing glibc/apps
    o Clean up oaknet driver (Hans Grobler)
    o PCnet32 && / & bug fix (Anton Blanchard)
    o c101 driver cleanups (Hans Grobler)
    o cs4281 leak fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Update ppc entry code (Cort Dougan)
    o smctr cleanup (Hans Grobler)
    o unregister hdlc fixes (Francois Romieu)
    o PPP async fixes (Paul Mackerras)
    o IEEE1394 fixes (Andreas Bombe)
    o Fix ac97 mixer crash (Darko Koruga)
    o Fix 8xx ethernet driver init fail path (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix affinity procfs crash on non SMP (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix raidhotremove bug (Ingo Molnar)
    o NMI watchdog for K7 (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Fix 386 boot on 2.4 kernels (Robert Kaiser)
    o Fix resource leak in ctc on error (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix kmalloc fail handling in iucv (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix dasd kmalloc fail handling (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix tape34xx kmalloc fail handling (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix video1394 kmalloc and resource stuff (Hans Grobler)
    o Cleanup ioc3 for new style network stuff (Hans Grobler)
    o Cleanup acorn ethernet for new style (Hans Grobler)
    o Cleanup qpmouse to new style (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix last_rx/rx_bytes updates in net drivers (Jeff Garzik)
    o Further ibm tape fixes (Carsten Otte)
    o Do a reset on OHCI errors (David Brownell)
    o Fix wavelan_cs kmalloc bugs (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Partition handling fixes (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o tgafb modular cleanups (Ardrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o acsi driver cleanup (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix scsi disk name reporting (Doug Gilbert)
    o ipfilter mss clamping (Marc Boucher)
    o cciss driver kmalloc/cleanups (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix bugs in alternate uhci drivers (Johannes Erdfelt)
    o Remove dead dsp56k init (Hans Grobler)
    o USB storage updates (Johannes Erdfelt)
    o Fix swapfs stuff, mem= > 4gig (Christoph Rohland)

    2.4.0-ac9
    o Remove duplicated 8139 fixes (Jeff Garzik)
    o Drop out PS/2 mouse changes (me)
    o Fix raid5 bug (Neil Brown)
    o Fix mmio reservation leak in starfire (Ion Badulescu)
    o Update gmac driver to new style (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix misuse of dev_kfree_skb on cycx_x25 (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o IPDDP cleanup/fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Remove = 0 inits from epic100 (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix resource failure leaks on depca (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Document ultrix partition option (Steven Cole)
    o Fixed unused config option on cadet radio (Russell Kroll)
    o Lose static = 0 inits on bmac (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix eql driver to use save/restore flags (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Document sysctl interfaces (John Levon)
    o Clean up 6pack and reduce default footprint (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix the handle alignment issues in NFS (Trond Myklebust)
    o Chkconfig fixes (Niels Jensen)
    o fusion driver updates (Steve Ralston)
    o Clean up com20020-pci driver leaks (Hans Grobler)
    o tmpfs/shmfs (Christoph Rohland)

    2.4.0-ac8
    o Fix PS/2 mouse ack/echo handling behaviour (Julian Bradfield)
    | Let me know if you see 'odd' ps/2 stuff (Chris Hanson)
    | in 2.4.0ac8 not in ac7
    o Merge Linus 1pre3. Drop out some of my vm
    diffs in favour of his
    o PC110 pad move to new driver style (Hans Grobler)
    o Clean up/fix leaks in ncr885e (Hans Grobler)
    o Move dsp56k to new style module stuff (Hans Grobler)
    o check->request_region, resource leak fixes (Hans Grobler)
    for qlogicisp
    o Fix iounmap leak in iphase (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix iounmap leaks in ymf_pci (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix s390mach.c for non SMP (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Export queued_sectors (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix raid5 build after Linus merge (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Documentation and chkconfig update (Niels Jensen)
    o Fix iounmap leaks in oaknet (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Clean up mac89x0 (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Fix leaks on error in myri_sbus (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Convert macsonic.c to new style (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o RCPCI further fixes (Rasmus Andersen)

    2.4.0-ac7
    o Export a KMALLOC_MAXSIZE for drivers to check (Hans Grobler)
    | this is needed to verify things like firmware
    | sizes passed by users
    o Fix highmem compile issues (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix kmalloc check missing in hades-pci (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix kmalloc fail crash in sdla_ppp (Hans Grobler)
    o cfi locking fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix missing spin_unlock_irq in hd6457x.c (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix lmc_main missing skb_unlock on error case (Hans Grobler)
    o Handle out of memory on lanstreamer (Hans Grobler)
    o Bring cs46xx.c into working state for non (Hans Grobler)
    module. Fix locking
    o Fix filesystem locking documentation (Al Viro)
    o Fusion driver updates (Steve Ralston)
    o Correct netfilter url (Rusty Russell)
    o rcpci45 fix the pci_table name (again) (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix scsi option ordering bug noted by (Michael Zieger)
    o Config.h include updates (Niels Jensen)
    o LFS handling cleanup, move some checks to (Al Viro)
    vmtruncate
    o Fix missing s->maxbytes setup for procfs (me)
    o Replace epic100 patches with alternatives (Jeff Garzik)
    o eepro fixes for older cards (Aristeu Sergio
    Rozanski Filho)
    o Buz error handling fix (Hans Grobler)
    o DGRS driver cleanups/kmalloc checks (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix ioremap leak in zr36120 (Hans Grobler)
    o FIx iounmap leaks in Stradis driver (Hans Grobler)
    o Further mtd fixes (David Woodhouse)
    o Update yellowfin driver (Jeff Garzik, from
    Don Beckers drivers)
    o Fix iounmap bugs in vga16 (Hans Grobler)
    o TCP odd error fix (Dave Miller)
    o ll_rw_blk enhancements (Jens Axboe)
    o DMFE driver cleanup (Pavel Rabel)
    o iucv fix for S/390 build when non SMP (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Merge linus -pre2
    o Fix ixj kmalloc checks (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix null pointer check in ibm partition code (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix kmalloc check in pc_keyb (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix kmalloc check in atari_pamsnet (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix kmalloc check in 3c515 (Ingo Molnar)
    o Tidy up defxx/fix module locks etc (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix kmalloc check in atari_bionet (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix kmalloc check in olympic driver (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix kmalloc checks in avmb1 driver (Ingo Molnar)
    o Tokenring needs to be an object file as its (Jeff Garzik)
    using initcalls

    2.4.0-ac6
    o Sunrpc locking fix ()
    o Made agpgart smarter about i815 (Charles McLachlan)
    o Speed up truncate for shmem and clean up (Christoph Rohland)
    o Fix kmalloc test in udf (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix ramfs kmalloc testing (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix irq and sense handling bugs in S/390 (Holger Smolinksi)
    o Fix string.h for userspace accidental include (me)
    | noted by Ulrich Weigand
    o Red Hat office move (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix missing highmem includes (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix nfs_flushd deadlock (Andrew Morton)
    o Honour owner in mpu401 (Chris Rankin)
    o Fix raid5 kmalloc check (Ingo Molnar)
    o Export mmu_cr4_features (Adam J Richter)
    o Update ide floppy maintainer (Paul Bristow)
    o Fix IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP case (Stefan Jonsson)
    o Wavelan resource leak fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix spinlock error introduced from 2.4.1pre (Benjamin Redelings)
    o Fix u32 classifier possible hang (Dave Miller)
    o Further warning fixes (Rich Baum)
    o RCPCI driver further cleanups (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Remove unneeded test from rlimit code (Hans Grobler)
    o Generate header file tags as well as code (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix ppp_generic label problem (William Lee Irwin)
    o Fix errors failing to restore IRQ's on smctr (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix bulkmem kmalloc check error (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix pci kmalloc fail handling error (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix dac960 kmalloc check (Ingo Molnar)
    | new driver rev from LNZ due anyway however
    o Fix pcmcia cs kmalloc check error (Thiago Rondon)
    o Fix pcmcia ds kmalloc check error (Thiago Rondon)
    o Bootmem.c uses phys_to_virt but misses include (Bjorn Wesen)
    o Fix sknet kmalloc check (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix lmc kmalloc check (Ingo Molnar)
    o Atarilance kmalloc check (Ingo Molnar)
    o Make some symbols static (Dan Aloni)
    o Fix sgiseeq kmalloc fail handling (Ingo Molnar)
    o ISDN kmalloc null check fix (Ingo Molnar)
    o ATM kmalloc fix (Ingo Molnar)
    o Apa1480 kmalloc null check fix (Ingo Molnar)
    o Sunlance kmalloc check fix (Ingo Molnar)
    o Baget lance kmalloc check fix (Ingo Molnar)
    o Update Jes Sorensen's email addr (me)
    o Fix athlon crash on boot with local apic/nmi (Ingo Molnar)
    o Further ds fix (Dan Aloni)
    (Can the pcmcia folk verify that in fact you
    could just move it)
    o Fix iucv kmalloc bogon (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix sun3 video kmalloc check (Thiago Rondon)
    o Further raid5 fixes (Ingo Molnar)
    o Netfilter updates (Rusty Russell)
    | (so come to www.linux.conf.au and say thanks)
    o Update audio locking fixes (Chris Rankin)
    o Remove ymf_sb driver now ymfpci handles all (Pete Zaitcev)

    2.4.0-ac5
    o Fix qnx build error (Frank Davis)
    o Further generic_file_write fix (me)
    | no signal on short write
    | write data on write overlapping max fs size
    o 3c515 dereferenced freeed skbuffs (Hans Grobler)
    o opl3sa2 driver update (Scott Murray)
    o Uninline strstr to fix gcc compile problems (me)
    | as in 2.2
    o Fix dmfe oops if no card found (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix df reporting on ntfs (Anton Altaparmakov)
    | alternate fix to one by Willem Dekker
    o Fix error path on macii_init that left irqs off (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix memory/resource leaks in tlan driver (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix vmalloc end on highmem (Ingo Molnar)
    o Allow dac960 root device specifiers (Leonard Zubkoff)
    o Fix missing NULL kmalloc check in fore200e (Hans Grobler)
    o AF_UNIX cleanup continued (Hans Grobler)
    o Chkconfig fixes (Niels Jensen)
    o Fix kmalloc check missing on ppc proc/rtas (Hans Grobler)
    o Add recovery for get_block failures (Al Viro)
    o Fix partially mapped page handling in gfw (Al Viro)
    o Use s_maxbytes in lseek (Al Viro)
    o Correct various ext2 items (Al Viro)
    o Fix memory leak in 3c527 driver (Hans Grobler)
    o Clean up ipc formatting etc except shm (Ingo Molnar)
    o Add mising BSDCOMP documentation (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Fix unchecked allocation in isdn_ppp.c (Hans Grobler)
    o Revised ad1848 patch (Chris Rankin)
    o Fix missing kmalloc check on hdlc (Krzysztof Halasa)
    o Make mnt name behaviour predictable on oom (Ingo Molnar)
    o Configure doc fixes (Jeremy Dolan)
    o Fix amifb endif typo (Rich Baum)
    o Fix bug where mtd driver left irqs off on error (Hans Grobler)
    o Adjusted ext2 max size rule (Andreas Dilger)
    o Fix non SMP build of S/390 tree (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
    o Uniprocessor APIC support/NMI wdog etc (Mikael Pettersson,
    Maciej W. Rozycki
    Ingo Molnar)
    o IXJ driver cleanups/fixes/updates (David Huggins-Daines)
    o Fix endian and other minor partition bugs (Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz)
    o Fix nasty irda bug which could leave ints off (Hans Grobler)
    o FIx bmac case where ints could be left off (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Remove surplus break from de620 (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix iph5526 dereference of free skb (Hans Grobler)
    o Remove invalid netfilter url from docs (David Rees)
    o Fix madvise crash (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix memleak in eepro driver error path (Hans Grobler)
    o Ultrastor driver used wrong type for save_flags (Thiago Rondon)
    o Fix spin_unlock missing in s390 error path (Hans Grobler)
    o MTD update (David Woodhouse)
    o Tidy softdog driver (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix sunos syscall memory leak (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix surplus remove_flags in 53c7xx,8xx driver (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Tidy isicom, fix missing restore_flags (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix missing restore_flags in sscape (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Make ixj use dynamic board structures (David Huggins-Daines)
    o Fix missing spin_unlock in i2o block (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix ad1848 missing restore_flags (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix missing spin_unlock in ymfpci (Hans Grobler)
    o Adaptec 1542 SCSI command line options (Dmitry Potapov)
    o Fix missing ksym (Eyal Lebedinsky)
    o Fix megaraid driver (Anwar Payyoorayil)
    o Sparc xor fix (Anton Blanchard)
    o Fix error returns on truncate/open (Al Viro)
    o Fix missing restore_flags in n_r3964 (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o mxser driver capable/return fixes (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix missing __restore_flags on IDE (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix missing spin_unlock_irqrestore in EMU10K (Hans Grobler)
    o Resync with Linus tree

    2.4.0-ac4
    o Fix dereference of freed skbuff in iphase (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix dereference of freed skbuff in isdn_ppp (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix dereference of freed skbuff in comx (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix dereference of freed skbuff in atarilance (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix missing NULL check of dev_alloc_skb in (Hans Grobler)
    hdlc layer
    o Fix vesafb typo (Dag Wieers)
    o Z85230 driver cleanup (Hans Grobler)
    o Remove spare restore_flags in de600 (Hans Grobler)
    o Catch failed kmallocs in ppc ethernet (Hans Grobler)
    o AF_PACKET socket cleanup (Hans Grobler)
    o ATAPI IDE format facility (Sam Varshavchik)
    | Don't rely on the abi or anything yet, Gadi
    | the maintainer has yet to comment on it
    o Fix smc9194 crash on out of memory (Hans Grobler)
    o Documentation fixes (Dag Wieers)
    o Fusion driver updates (Steve Ralston,
    Eddie Dost,
    Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix ramfs hangs (me)
    o Fix assorted LFS problems and missing rlimit (me)
    checks. In theory file size rules are now
    right and properly enforced except for those
    folks not using generic_file_write who need to
    do their homework 8)

    2.4.0-ac3
    o Add support for the newer 3c905 cards (Andrew Morton)
    o Drop unused field from scc.h (Hans Grobler)
    o Remove dead sysctl stuff from econet (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix documentation indexes (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Fix post free reference of an skb in lance (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Tidy appletalk code (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix bootup vesafb hang (David Wragg)
    o TCP 'reset_xmit_timer' fix (Dave Miller)
    o Tidy up cursor positioning on menuconfig (Kirk Reiser)
    o Add missing wait.h includes to some asm/semaphore
    (Hans Grobler)
    o AF_UNIX socket cleanup (Hans Grobler)
    o Update sd locking fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    o Add module locking to audio coprocessor calls (Chris Rankin)
    o Minor further X.25 tidy (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix scsi ioctl/scan crash on out of memory (Douglas Gilbert)
    o Soundscape patches (Chris Rankin)
    o M68K fixes for mem stats and stram (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Set MSG_TRUNC correctly on atm sockets (Matti Aarnio)
    o Add infrastructure for parport autoloading (Adam J Richter)
    o Make lp driver use capable not old suser() (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix thread/unload race on i2o block (me)
    o Fix drivers that use asm/delay not linux/delay (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Further warning fixes (Rich Baum)
    o Netfilter config/Makefile fixes (Dave Miller)
    o Merge updated cs4281 driver and tidy it (Tom Woller)
    | some cleanups by me, possibly broken it ;)
    o Fix bagetlance reference of freed buffer (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o ISDN small fixes (Andrea Baldoni,
    Daniel Stodden)
    o ESS Maestro 3 driver (Zach Brown)

    2.4.0-ac2
    o Clean up strip driver (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix fore atm makefile (Jan Rekorajski)
    o Fix m68k lance mismerge (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix tty documentation typos (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix ohci1394 build (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Remove dead lapbether inits (Hans Grobler)
    o Workaround the acpi recursive variable name (Bill Wendling)
    Makefile problem
    o Further minor S/390 merge (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Fix DRM build problem on ATI Rage 120/no AGP (Gareth Hughes)
    o Fix mac address setting in 8139too (Ben Greear)
    o AGP oops fix/ALi cleanup (Bill Crawford)
    o Further DECnet cleanups (Hans Grobler)
    o S/390 last fixes (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Fix missing arlan symbol (Hans Grobler)
    o Do basic IPX/SPX cleanups (Hans Grobler)

    2.4.0-ac1
    o Resync with Linus
    o Fix serial compile bug (Bill Notthingham)
    o Clean up lapbether (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix endian handling in ne.c (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix root umount handling (Chris Mason &
    Al Viro)
    o Bring wan drivers up to scratch for 2.4 (Krzysztof Halasa)
    o SD module locking fix (Oliver Neukum)
    o Merge S/390 32/64bit ports (IBM)
    | some rough edges to tidy up yet - guys can
    | you change the DMA ifdefs to match 2.2 style..

    2.4.0prerelease-ac6
    o Cleanup econet (Hans Grobler)
    o Further amateur radio cleanups (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix irda/SMP deadlocks (Marc Zyngier)
    o Further YAM fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix rio500 locking bug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix isdn net leak on error (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Fix proc_get_inode export (for comx) (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix locking error on get_swap_page (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix further warnings, and other stuff new gcc (Arjan van de Ven)
    shows up
    o Add isapnp module device tables to drivers (Bill Nottingham)
    [Added to ns558, serial, ide-pnp, cadet,
    3c509,3c515, aironet4500,ne,sb1000, aha1542,
    NCR5380, ad1816, awe_wave, sb, ixj]
    o Resync with Linus prepatch

    2.4.0prerelease-ac5
    o Resync with Linus prepatch
    o One liner microcode driver fix (Tigran Aivazian)
    o Fix ACPI ksyms problems (Keith Owens)
    o Correctly resync ide-cd fixes (Byron Stanoszek)
    o Fix i2o block driver race (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Acorn makefile/driver fixes (Russell King)
    o Make cyberfb use pci_get_drvdata (Russell King)
    o Kill redundant ARM timer irq code (Russell King)
    o Remove some ARM hacks from fbmem.c (Russell King)
    o Fix config bugs with fusion, indenting (Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz)
    o Handle bootmem order changes in arm (Russell King)
    o SA1100 update (Russell King)
    o Handle ALI AGP flushes (Ian Hastie)
    o Merge some of the PPC changes (Cort Dougan)

    2.4.0prerelease-ac4
    o DecNET updates (Steve Whitehouse)
    o Devices.txt typo fix (Roberto Nibali)
    o Fix 15-23bit direct colour in logos (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Correct framebuffer device.txt (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Small mkiss fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix write off end of disk bug (Jari Ruusu)

    2.4.0prerelease-ac3
    o Fix cs46xx driver crash (David Huggins-Daines)

    2.4.0prerelease-ac2
    o Fix further CVS gcc compile warnings (Rich Baum)

    2.4.0prerelease-ac1
    o Merge with Linux prerelease

    2.4.0test13pre7-ac1
    o Merge Linus pre7
    o Fix eepro100 on machines with unsigned char (Russell King)
    o Give the FIQ on the ARM its own handlers (Russell King)
    o Update ARM mm code (Russell King)
    o Fix ARM optimisations (Russell King)
    o Update arm initd patch (Russell King)
    o Improve ARM I/O operations (Russell King)
    o ARM boot code updates (Russell King)
    o ARM scsi driver updates (Russell King)
    o Update ARM makefiles to new style (Russell King)
    o Add missing sections to arm link script for glue(Russell King)
    o Update ARM io includes (Russell King)
    o Clean up frame pointer printing on ARM traps (Russell King)
    o Update ARM machine definitions (Russell King)
    o Move the ARM task unmapped base definition (Russell King)
    o Remove ARM specific hacks from char/mem.c (Russell King)
    o Fix BIOS32 code for ARM (Russell King)
    o Back out bogus SMP halt change (Andi Kleen)
    o Update logo palette handling (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Drop out the compiler selector (2.96/7 seem to work)

    2.4.0test13pre6-ac1
    o Merge Linus pre6

    2.4.0test13pre5-ac1
    o Merge Linus pre5

    2.4.0test13pre4-ac2
    o Further quota build fix (Jarno Paananen)
    o Fix various combinations that don't build (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Further Fusion driver updates (Steve Ralston)
    o Alpha makefile fixes (Dave Gilbert)

    2.4.0test13pre4-ac1
    o Merge Linus pre4
    o Fix network register/hotplug/publish problems (Andrew Morton)
    o Hopefully fix quotaless compile (me)
    o Help for irda options question (Steven Cole)

    2.4.0test13pre3-ac4
    o Fix frame size on toshoboe (Christian Gennerat)
    o Quota fixes/updates (Jan Kara)
    o Fix keyspan usb config (Hugh Blemings)
    o Fix module handling in usb serial (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix sparc64 build of fusion drivers (Eddie Dost)
    o Clean up config.h includes (Niels Jensen)

    2.4.0test13pre3-ac3
    o Fix the patch file. Some stuff got corrupted.

    2.4.0test13pre3-ac2 adds
    o Resync with the powerpc folks (Cort Dougan)
    o Parport experimental label fix (Tim Waugh)
    o Make uhci return the same error code as the (David Brownell)
    other USB hub controllers
    o Merge Fusion drivers (Steve Ralston)

    2.4.0test13pre3-ac1 adds
    o Fix leak in link() syscall (Christopher Yeoh)
    o Fix ramfs deadlock (Al Viro)
    o Fix udf deadlock (Al Viro)
    o Improve parport docs (Tim Waugh)
    o Document some of the macros (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix ppa timing issues (Tim Waugh)
    o Mark the parport fifo code as experimental (Tim Waugh)
    o Resynch ppa changelog (Tim Waugh)
    | Tim please double check as I got offsets
    o Add documentation to the PCI api (Jani Monoses)
    o Fix inode.c documentation (Jani Monoses)
    o Fix ext2 modular build (Jeff Raubitschek)
    o Fix bug in scripts/Configure.in matching (Matthew Wilcox)
    o Update SiS video drivers (Can-Ru Yeou)
    o Yamaha audio doc fix (Pavel Roskin)
    o Fix timeout problms with rocktports at 249 days

    2.4.0test12-ac1 adds
    o ARM bootup/initd fixes (Russell King)
    o Fix ymf_sb setup bug (Pavel Roskin)
    o Correctly print names of md10+ (me)
    [Based on code from Roberto Ragusa]
    o Fix sound crashes in various drivers (Tjeerd Mulder)
    o Update epic100 to new pci api (Francois Romieu)
    o Fix IOC/SIOC ioctl problems in ac97 code (Dick Streefland)

    To merge
    o Fix Ruffian Alpha boot (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Bridge handling patches needed for Alpha (Ivan Kokshaysky /
    Richard Henderson)
    o Epic100 update
    o Support mixed pnp and legacy sb cards
    o Hopefully fix the bugs in the FAT and HPFS file systems that
    caused fs corruption
    o Fix cramfs vanishing data bug
    o Power management locking fixes
    o filemap posix compliance fix
    o Fix pte handling race
    o Remove unneeded inits to 0 in ide code (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
    o IDE documentation fixes (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)

    Submitted to Linus
    o Add the powermac extras to the input and (Franz Sirl)
    keyboard drivers
    scripts in 2.4test
    o Fix kd_mksound declaration (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o SMC token ring driver update (Jay Schulist)
    o Update USB documentation (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Cleanup ramdisk namespace (Jeff Garzik)
    o Ramdisk missing blkdev_put

    Merged by Linus from -ac or direct
    o Add clocking option to maestro (broken laptop (me)
    stuff again)
    o Put back the module locking in soundcore (David Schleef)
    that someone disabled
    o Abyss driver cleanup (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix most of the tq changes (Mohammad A. Haque)
    o DOC1000 driver fixes (David Woodhouse)
    o Switch tvaudio and msp3400 to use up_and_exit (David Woodhouse)
    o usb-uhci was using constants not flags for (Jeff Garzik)
    pci interface
    o Small fix for kdoc (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix nubus build (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o atari/sun3lance update (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Amiga gayle pcmcia fixups (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fixes for amiga scsi drivers (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Simplify amiga irq handling code (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Amiga sound/fb driver update (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Amiga/Mac/Atari keyboard driver changes (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Integrate atari stram with bootmem (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Restore atafb_fix that someone deleted (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o m68k include updates for 64bit structs (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Add driver for MVME147 onboard scsi (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Enable Q40 ide interface (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Replace init with initdata in places on m68k (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o MMU code changes for m68k (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o dma_addr_t and other minor updates for m68k (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o m68k ptrace update (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix pmc551 when used without bugfix enabled (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix endianness on ftl layer (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix atm build (Markus Kossmann)
    o Update 8139too driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix readdir returns on procfs (Matt Kraai)
    o Make SET_MODULE_OWNER macro safer (Jeff Garzik)
    o Hisax needed __init (Jeff Garzik)
    o APM updates, fix the Dell 5000e check for APM=m (Stephen Rothwell)
    o Fix module initialization oops (Keith Owens)
    o Clean up Abyss driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix raid linking order (Neil Brown)
    o Cleanup console_verbose() duplication
    o Radio driver cleanups
    o BTTV radio config option
    o Fix qcam VIDIOCGWIN bugs
    o 8390 seperate tx timeout path
    o Tulip crash fix on weird eeproms
    o ISAPnP hang on boot port fix
    o Maestro pci_enable fix
    o Fix function prototype in wacom drivr
    o Fix SCSI / PCI dependancies (Jeff Garzik)
    o m68k config fixes (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix dquot overflow/recovery (Jan Kara)
    o Make uid16 macros safer (Andreas Schwab)
    o Fix missing Config doc and sound doc error (Thierry Vignaud)
    o APM update (Stephen Rothwell)
    o Fix SMP build on x86 (Steven Cole)
    o Maestro ioctl locking fix (Zach Brown)
    o Make console_* static inline not extern (Jeff Garzik)
    o Work arounds for broken Dell laptop APM (me)
    o Fix aha1542 memory scribbles (Phil Stracchino)
    o Fix ide scsi printk (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Update EATA driver and Ultrastor driver (Dario Ballabio)
    o Clean up printk formatting in a few drivers (me)
    o Documentation for CONFIG_TOSHIBA
    o Updated version of Rusty's kernel-hacking doc
    o Updated SubmittingDrivers
    o Added SubmittingPatches
    o Updated procfs docs
    o Updated initrd docs
    o Tidy network drivers module locking (Jeff Garzik)
    (Some in, a few to go)
    o Alpha PCI fixes (update resource not __init, (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    off by one on check)
    o Fix warning in rclan driver (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Clean up rcpci driver (new style pci etc) (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix generic bitops bugs
    o Fix pcnet32 printk problems (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Network driver check/request region fixes
    o MDAcon cleanup (Pavel Rabel)
    o Tidy up mad16 driver (Pavel Rabel)
    o ACPI updates (Andrew Grover)
    o Fix FPU emulation compile (Adam Richter)
    o M68K/PPC makefile fixes (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Work around a funny in the Solaris NFS client (Neil Brown)
    o Fix building of network modules (Peter Samuelson)
    o Fix media makefiles (me)
    o FPU emulator source set for m68k (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix m68k build with rmw disabled (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix sun3 scsi, mmu and includes (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o M68k setup update (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Revert accidental amifb change (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Remove obsolete bits for q40 (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Tidy m68k includes (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o I2C bus driver updates (Frodo Looijaard)
    o Fix reference counting in ATM (Patrick van de Lageweg)
    o Update Changes to give correct modutils rev (Steven Cole)
    o Fix NLS config.in bug for SMB
    o Fix xconfig/menuconfig problems with config (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Add firestream ATM driver (Patrick van de Lageweg)
    o Rename block_til_ready in generic_serial (Patrick van de Lageweg)
    o Fix i810 tco locking (me)
    o Tidy riscom8 and sx namespace (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix pcmcia ordering on socket remove (David Woodhouse)
    o Merge aha152x delay fixes
    o Fix warning in sim710 driver (Pavel Rabel)
    o Improve the ALSxxx sound driver documentation (Jonathan Woithe)
    o Tidy the tachyon 5526 driver (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Clean old old compile time config stuff from (Pavel Rabel)
    mad16 driver
    o Push Davicom support into the main tulip driver (Tobias Ringstrom)
    o Merge bttv 0.7.50 (Gerd Knorr)
    o Clean it up to use pci_pci_quirks properly (me)
    o OSST scsi driver for Onstream drives (Willem Riede)
    o Merge typo/doc fixes from 2.2.18
    o Further NetROM tidies (Hans Grobler)
    o Further rose fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Documentation/script fixes (Tim Waugh)
    o BPQ ethernet tidy (Hans Grobler)
    o Updated AX.25 tidy (Hans Grobler)
    o Update credits to add Hans Grobler (Hans Grobler)
    o Handle TLB flush reruns caused by APIC rexmit (me)
    o Fix Yam driver for Linux 2.4test (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix AF_ROSE sockets for 2.4 (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix AF_NETROM sockets for 2.4 (Hans Grobler)
    o Tidy AF_AX25 sockets for 2.4 (Hans Grobler)
    o Teach kernel-doc about const (Jani Monoses)
    o First block of mkiss driver fixes (Hans Grobler)
    o Update acenic patches (Jes Sorensen)
    o Acenic update
    o Watchdog header to use __u32 etc (Eric Brower)
    o Correct md name printing (Luca Berra)
    o Add Steven Cole to the credits file (Steven Cole)
    o DC390 update (Kurt Garloff)
    o X.25 ifdef cleanups (Henner Eisen)
    o Update OSST driver to 0.9.4.3 (Kurt Garloff)
    o Fix make xconfig failure on irda (Steven Cole)
    o Fix crashes on unload of msr and cpuid drivers
    o Remove crud from epca driver (me)
    o Merge support for CPU's >2Ghz from 2.2.18
    o Merge core loops_per_jiffy support
    o Merge first batch of driver fixes from 2.2.18
    o Make smp cpu halt synchronous (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix eepro module warnings (Aristeu Filho)
    o Fix most of the netfilter oops cases (David Miller)
    o Fix appletalk config entry (William McGonigle)
    o CCISS root= table (Charles White)
    o Rusty's fixes/review of unsafe set_bit usage
    (A few left to go)
    o RCPCI45 PCI cleanup fixes (mark 2) (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix 8139too signal handling and task scribble (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix signal handling for usermode helper (Shuu Yamaguchi)
    o Fix tty DoS bug (Andrew Morton)
    o Wireless include update (Jean Tourrilhes)
    o Resync mac ethernet drivers (Cort Dougan)
    o Remove bogus asserts in 8139too driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix radio drivers (Russell Kroll)
    o Fix rcpci build error (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix incorrect preprocessor use in umsdos (Andreas Franck)
    o DRM makefile fix (Keith Owens)
    o IDE 2.4.0-prerelease*1231.patch (Andre Hedrick)
    o Fixes for CVS gcc and semaphores (Andreas Franck)
    o Better atm linking fix (Jan Rekorajski)
    o Macintosh IDE updates (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Update 68k ksyms (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix m68k keyboard ioctls (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix fbdev config.in allow PM2 modular (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Update m68k ethernet drivers (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o 2.4 Y2K fixes for Amiga clock (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix sun/mac scsi drivers (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix fb init order (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix m68k miscellaneous stuff (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Update m68k lance driver (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix m68k asm constraints (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix m68k config (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Amiga serial update/serial console support (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Update m68k to use loops_per_jiffy (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Add support functions needed by gcc (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix amiga resource management (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix raid buffer leak (Neil Brown)
    o Additional knfsd locking (Neil Brown)
    o Fix loops per jiffy oddments (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fixed lost video patch in -ac (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Tidy up LAPB code (Hans Grobler)
    o Tidy up X.25 code (Hans Grobler)
    o General warning/minor bug fixes (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Remove extra codec reset from i810 audio (Anwar Payyoorayil)
    | should fix failed VRA on some boards
    o Fix page allocator recursion (Rik van Riel)
    o Fix CMOS locking for 2.4.x (Paul Gortmaker)
    o FAT cache locking for SMP ('manmower')
    o Skip older dm9100's from tulip driver (me)
    o Further iee1394 build fixes (Andreas Bombe)
    o Fix i810 divide by zero bug (Anwar)
    o Remove dead pi and pt drivers (Hans Grobler)
    o SCC driver update (Hans Grobler)
    o Adjust csr0 on tulip for known iffy chipsets (me)
    | Thanks to Don Becker and others for the chipset list
    | and knowing what the problem was.
    o 6pack cleanups (Hans Grobler)
    o Documentation cleanups (Hans Grobler)
    o Fix unchecked scsi_allocate_request in sg.c (me)
    | Spotted by Doug Gilbert
    o Fix compile bug in pcxx driver (me)
    o Fix spelling of pedant (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix mkiss build error (Hans Grobler)
    o Patches to fix warnings from gcc 2.97 cvs (Marcel Schmidt)

    Superceded by other fixes
    o Features is back to flags for compatibility (me)
    o MTRR updates (36bit etc)
    o Dont crash on boot with a dual cpu board holding a non intel cpu
    o CS46xx update
    o NFS atomic fixes (Trond Myklebust)
    o Fix O_SYNC for ext2fs (Stephen Tweedie)
    [ I believe so anyway ]
    o Disable PMC511 driver - its obviously broken (me)
    o kbuild documentation improvements (Neil Brown)
    o Fix ppa and imm hangs on io_request_lock (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix pport reverse/forward logic error (Tim Waugh)
    o ACPI updates (Andrew Grover)
    o E820 handling fixup (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Fix missing memory barrier in bootp/dhcp code (Cort Dougan)
    o Fix ACPI driver wakeup races (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix drm makefiles (Peter Samuelson)
    o Link correctly with ACPI on ACPI_INTERPRETER off
    o Shared memory fixes (Christoph Rohland)
    o Fix bug in VFAT short name handling (Nicolas Goutte)
    o Clean up the i810 driver (Tjeerd Mulder)
    o Clean up misleading indenting in partition code (JAmes Antill)
    o Support kgcc autodetect

    Other

    ---
    Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
    Red Hat Kernel Hacker
    & Linux 2.2 Maintainer Brainbench MVP for TCP/IP
    http://www.linux.org.uk/diary http://www.brainbench.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.104 / U:0.072 seconds]