SubjectRe: 2.4.x/alpha/ALI chipset/IDE problems summary Re: 2.4.1 not fully sane on Alpha - file systems
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> Like I wrote - I did not get to locks on fsck but then stuff was weird
> and if I would press sufficiently long maybe I would. I still had some
> use for my file systems so I did not try hard enough. Maybe we need
> black hens on the top of the magic quoted above?

You bring the black hens, I've got the goats, red silk ribbon, and candles

> > I don't care about X on this system, all that much, honestly.
>
> "Technicolor" thingy seems to be side effect of your particular
> graphics card, no?

I gotta think that something Very Bad (tm) is happening at kernel level,
like something getting overrun in the IDE subsystem, and overwriting into
other areas of memory.

*shrug*

-- John

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.083 / U:46.232 seconds]