SubjectRe: block ioctl to read/write last sector
> My patch has nothing to do with partitioning.

Yes, you already said that, and I understand you very well.
My suggestion, and I have not checked the code to make sure,
but off-hand it seems to me that it should work,
is to use a partition.

> Disk with 1001 blocks. Hardware 512-byte sector size.
> The block layer uses 1024-byte soft blocksize.
> This means that, at the _end_ of the disk there is a single sector
> that represents half of a software sector.

Maybe. I think that you'll find that these blocks are
relative to the start of the partition, not relative
to the start of the disk.

So if you add a 1-block partition that contains the last
sector of the disk, all should be fine.

Andries

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.023 / U:0.292 seconds]