SubjectRe: Alpha: bad unaligned access handling
Sean Hunter (sean@dev.sportingbet.com) wrote on 14 February 2001 17:26:
>This is an application problem, not a kernel one. You need to upgrade your
>netkit.

Yes, I was quite confident of this. However, unaligned traps are a
frequent problem with alphas. For a looong time we had zsh produce
lots of it, to the point of making it unusable. Strangely, the problem
disappeared without changing anything in zsh. It was either a library
or kernel problem.

>P.S. I wrote a small wrapper to aid in the debugging of unaligned
>traps, which I'll send to anyone who's interested.

I'd like it!

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.079 / U:0.880 seconds]