SubjectRe: lkml subject line
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Sven Koch wrote:

>> That said, and while we're on the topic.. Does anyone have a
>> *PERFECT* recipe for procmail to REMOVE the stupid [Dummy] things
>> most GNU mailman lists and others prepend to the subject?
>I am using the following to sort the suse-security-list (for example, I do
>the same on all lists that tag something into the subject):
>:0 fhw
>* ^
>| sed -e '/^Subject:/s/\[suse-security\] //'
>:0 A:

DAMN! I was _SO_ close! I'm no sed expert, but I have been
working the last hour or so on nailing this down and here is what
I had:

* ^Subject:.*testxpert
:0 fWh
* ^Subject:.*\[Xpert\]
| sed -e '/^Subject:/ s/\[Xpert\]//g' >> XPERT
Didn't work of course, but I got the sed line right by the looks
of it. Should ever we meet, I'm buying the beer good man!

Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Free Software advocate
This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.
Need general help or technical support with Red Hat Linux 7.0? Join the user
support mailing list by sending a message to ""
with the word "subscribe" on the subject line.