    SubjectRe: lkml subject line
    On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Mike Harrold wrote:

    >> > There are advantages: distinguish personal messages from mailing list
    >> > messages, and distinguish between different mailing lists. And
    >> > disadvantages - maybe only one: sacrificing valuable Subject: line
    >> > space.
    >>
    >> The advantages can all be gained without that disadvantage by just learning
    >> to filter mail on other headers instead of the subject line.
    >
    >Assuming your mail reader can do that (and no, I can't change my mail
    >reader).

    You can use procmail to filter your mail VERY easily. Penalizing
    an entire list of 7000 people or more just because 3 people can't
    use a sane modern mail reader is just senseless.

    This filters linux-kernel into the folder LINUX-KERNEL

    cat >> ~/.procmailrc <<EOF
    :0:
    * ^Sender:.*linux-kernel-owner@vger
    LINUX-KERNEL

    EOF

    That said, and while we're on the topic.. Does anyone have a
    *PERFECT* recipe for procmail to REMOVE the stupid [Dummy] things
    most GNU mailman lists and others prepend to the subject?

    xpert@xfree86.org is one such list and I have given up on
    complaining to list maintainers of other lists to change this,
    and would rather fix it on my end once than complain to others.

    I asked on procmail-list and got some feedback but it didn't give
    me a useable filter..

    Any help appreciated..
    TTYL