    SubjectRe: setting cpu speed on crusoe

    On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > > Junichi Morita and I have worked out how to access the crusoe
    > > "longrun" settings on the crusoe based VAIO. This allows you to enable
    > > power saving mode and slow the cpu down. It should help battery life a
    > > lot.
    >
    > There is no documentation? I thought transmeta is linux-friendly
    > company ;-).

    We are, but the documentation we mean for internal use sometimes tends to
    be in the "not good enough to be released" category.

    Anyway, the register the above is touching has nothing to do with
    "longrun", but with "coolrun" - it's the temperature control, not the CPU
    speed control. Now, obviously, CPU speed and temperature do have tons of
    things in common, which is why it gives somewhat expected results.

    We're going through our docs and we have internal programs that we'll
    release for this so that you'll not just have docs but actually working
    code too. It just needs to be cleaned up a bit, and go through the proper
    channels (ever wonder why open source gets deveoped faster?). It really
    should be "any day now".

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.073 / U:0.060 seconds]