    SubjectError Communicating With Module
    	Hello, first of all I must tell you that I do not belong to this
    mailing list as of yet, so, please respond to me via
    Thank you very much in advance!

    My problem is as follows:

    I have added a variable named bens_variable to ksyms.c as follows:

    extern int bens_variable=10;

    I have then exported the variable in ksyms.c as follows:

    I then recompiled the kernel as bzImage and everything went
    perfectly fine. I then wrote a module for that particular kernel which
    is simple and looks as follows:

    #define MODULE
    #define __KERNEL__
    #include <linux/module.h>

    int init_module(void){
    return 0;

    void cleanup_module(void){
    printk("<1>Module Unloaded\n");

    But, of course, whenever I try and compile the module to load it
    using gcc it tells me that bens_variable is undefined - which makes sense,
    however I don't see how I can compile this without typing in

    extern int bens_variable;

    again. How do I get my module to compile and print out the value
    of bens_variable as defined within ksyms.c?

    Again, please respond to me via Thanks again in

    Benjamin Rush (
    Undergradute Computer Scientist @ UNL

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.020 / U:71.528 seconds]