SubjectRe: WOL failure after shutdown
Sorry, I wrote that in a hurry. Its a 3Com PCI 3c905C Tornado. I can
successfully use wakeonlan if I power off the machine immeadiatly after
turning it on. Using the shutdown command, which it will when I need it
to power back up, it will not work.
Im using a wakeonlan cable to my motherboard as well, not using wake
through PCI bus.
Kernel is 2.4.1
I appologize for not providing all required the specs in the original
message.

--
James

Mark Hahn wrote:

>> wakeonlan packets to my other servers to start them back up. Wakeonlan
>> works if i were to hit the power before Linux starts, so I know I have
>> it configured properly, and I also have wakeonlan turned on in the BIOS.
>> However, when I do shutdown -h, it will turn the power off, but
>> wakeonlan does not work. Ive tried enabling ACPI and tinkering with
>> options in the BIOS, but i cant power up with WOL after issuing shutdown -h.
>

> so when can you powerup with WOL? WOL requires that the driver leave the
> card in a particular state; obviously, you should mention which NIC.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.056 / U:0.704 seconds]