SubjectRe: Serious reproducible 2.4.x kernel hang

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Malcolm Beattie wrote:

> Mapping the addresses from whichever ScrollLock combination produced
> the task list to symbols produces the call trace
> do_exit <- do_signal <- tcp_destroy_sock <- inet_ioctl <- signal_return
>
> The inet_ioctl is odd there--vsftpd doesn't explicitly call ioctl
> anywhere at all and the next function before it in memory is
> inet_shutdown which looks more believable. I have checked I'm looking

Probably, the empty SIGPIPE handler triggered. The response to this is a
lot of shutdown() close() and finally an exit().

The trace you give above looks like the child process trace. I always see
the parent process go nuts. The parent process is almost always blocking
on read() of a unix dgram socket, which it shares with the child. The
child does a shutdown() on this socket just before exit().

Cheers
Chris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.056 / U:24.500 seconds]